Most Important Graphs of 2011

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mcbrett, Dec 23, 2011.

1. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

Compiled by the Atlantic, developed by Economists and Institutions. These are graphs based on data, not political hacks or viewpoints. Discuss:

[​IMG]

2. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

Source
    See link above to see graphs that don't show here.

[​IMG]

3. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

4. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Again, our problem is not about revenue. It's 99% about spending. We conitune to spend money we don't have and taxing the rich does nothing because our government will find something else to spend on. I'd rather us allow there to be millionaires and have everyone working to try to achieve the American dream. Therre is too many people in America that would prefer to rely on our Government to take care of them.

At the rate we are spending, our governement can take 100% from everyone that makes over $100,000 a year and it is spent in 60 days. That is a fact!

5. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

6. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

McBrett has provided tremendous data to show what a disaster the Obama Presidency has been. Economically he's pretty much done everything wrong. Hopefully it is over soon.

7. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

You need to add "IMO" after your title please.

8. HornHuskerDad

9. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

10. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

11. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

The only other time in History that the economy has been bundled like Obama was FDR!

The situation may have been a little grim when they received but they both exasperated it beyond levels one could ever have expected and they both continue to cry about the hand they were dealt.

Never hear Reagan cry, pick it up by your bootstraps and get 63% of the nation behind you by doing the right things.

12. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

13. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

14. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

mcbrett I think the scale in that 2nd chart is misleading.

15. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Looks like the middle class needs to step it up a little.......

16. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

17. HornHuskerDad

18. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

19. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

My professional union representation recently got certified as a result of a vote, and management gave us all a 2.5% raise in addition to the 1.5% I no longer have to pay in union dues, so a 4% raise for not having a union.

20. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

Regarding the next year, it helps the president's chances for reelection if the economy improves, so I expect the republicans to do everything in their power to keep that from happening (provided they can plausibly deny their culpability).

Until we get high medical costs off the backs of business, there won't be more jobs in the US, tinkle down economics notwithstanding (otherwise W would have left us with an economy not in shambles).

Does any other major economy expect its businesses to pay employee medical costs directly? It's absurd and puts the US at a competitive hiring disadvantage. We have a built in disincentive to hire Americans and the republicans fight tooth and nail to preserve the status quo because medical, pharmaceutical, and insurance companies own the republican party.

21. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

What this thread proves (again) is that most people come here with preconcived opinions, and would never let new information as unbiased as it may be change their minds.

I posted this thread, which is directly from a magazine that aggregated the charts, just because I knew this would happen. This is why I take breaks from this board because most of the time its pointless to discuss anything with people who would never change their views no matter what evidence you show them.

If any of you clicked on the link for the source, you'd see the same charts, plus many more that wouldn't let me copy here to HF. All it is, is data- compiled from economists and research institutions/organizations. It has no partisan bias. The bias comes from the viewer, here on the board. Some of the conclusions posted on this thread could not contradict the evidence more if you tried.

Anyways, Happy New Years [​IMG] On to "On the Field" to study up for the game tonight.

22. 314

314 250+ Posts

Stop spending money on people who don't deserve it. It's that simple.

Democrats want education, healthcare, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and housing as a guaranteed right. It has to stop.

23. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

24. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Hornpharm, do you think one of the OP's graphs was meaningful and important? If so, please explain. No preconceived notions.

25. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

Dubya p!sses away a surplus in tax cuts for the wealthiest, starts an idiotic war in Iraq, doesn't pay for a prescription drug boondoggle, and then giggles away into the sunset.

you could confiscate all the earnings of the top 1% and it wouldnt make a dent in our annual deficit but keep spouting off all the left wing talking points and bs.

26. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

27. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

28. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

That graph would be more meaningful if it looked at the actual 'real' tax rate paid as opposed to whatever the 'published' tax rate of the day was. It is also important to factor in the 'real' corporate tax rates of the day to get a complete picture.

29. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

I don't believes that negates what the chart is saying though....that job growth has been higher when top tax brackets have been higher.

30. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Fair enough, but it proves nothing at all.

Take that back, it proves that most people use statistics as a drunk uses a lightpost. For support rather than illumination.