Movie clips with euphemisms

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by Bevo5, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Working on a project and I need an assortment of movie clips of guys using euphemisms for whatever. Can't be too dirty..but stuff like Wayne's World is perfect.

Anybody got any ideas?

2. OrangeChipper

OrangeChipper 1,000+ Posts

3. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Yeah..didn't even think of using google.

But anyway -- need specific scenes from popular movies, not just random euphemism videos. But thanks.

4. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

At this point I'm pretty confident that Mack and Co. have spent more time looking over the recruits we've taken verbals from than the recruiting service. If Mack's coaches like the player and think he's worthy of a scholarship it means more to me than anbody at Orangebloods or Texags has to say about them. Ditto for a scholarship offer to OU, where coaches are experienced enough to knows how to spot and sign talent to compete at the national level. The recruiting services do a great job of identifying and sorting top talent. It's amazing how far they have come in the past 10 years. But they are not as far along in the proces as the best coaching staffs. Not that money is everything, but nobody working for a recruiting service making more than $1 Million a year because he's good at spotting potential college talent.

5. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

Awesome non-sequiter, Crockett.

6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Sorry Bevo5 - I can't promote euphemisms.
    I believe we should die naturally.

7. Ampoliros

Ampoliros 100+ Posts

I remember a few from full metal jacket, like when they are talking to the military news editor, and he's telling them the new army names for things.

8. Gone To Texas

Gone To Texas 500+ Posts

Would Seinfeld work? That show was full of euphemisms, mostly sex-related:
    "He took it out"
    "Master of your domain"
    "This, that, and the other"
    "My boys need a home"
    "Changing teams"
    "Playing with confederate money"
    "He doesn't do... everything" etc...

9. IRC

IRC 1,000+ Posts

YOu forgot my fave, "Yada, yada, yada...".

10. Hornswaggled

Hornswaggled Guest

mulitiple scenes in the austin powers movies. the two most memorable being the honeymoon scene where they are naked and constantly covered by things that resemble and suggest the very parts they're covering, and the flying rocket that looked phallic while people below are screaming euphemisms like "hot dog!" and "Ball!"

11. mr. sunshine

mr. sunshine 250+ Posts

12. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Seems like the Godfather was full of euphemisms. "We made him an offer he couldn;'t refuse. " " It means Luca Bratza sleeps with the fishes."

13. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Ah others: "Bodacious ta tas" from an Officer and a Gentleman.