Must win ?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by anon, Nov 7, 2015.

1. anon

anon 25+ Posts

What happens if KU beats UT?

Will the score matter?

Does President Fenves's support quoted in the paper mean that the results during the balance of this season are not relevant to a decision about the future of the football program?

Is there any validity to the theory that Strong's repeated criticism of the seniors for lack of leadership has alienated them and has adversely affected the performance on the field and the essential rapport among the players as a "team?" Does it undermine the emphasis placed upon "team" when Strong first commented on the job he had undertaken and how to improve on the 8-5 record of his predecessor (in addition to "toughness" from the new strength and conditioning coach)?

2. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Losing to Kansas at home would be worse than losing to Rice back in the 90s.
    The Big Cigars, who are being patient with Strong so far, would begin to get restless.

3. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

Losing to Kansas effectively eliminates every single ounce of goodwill and "leeway" earned through the OU and K-State wins. I honestly don't know that he gets a third year if that happens.

4. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

You guys are way understating the repercussions of a loss to THIS team...

KU is 0-8 with losses to S. Dakota St. (FCS) and 3-5 Rutgers
    Their offense (16.5 ppg) is ranked 122 of 128
    Their defense (47.1 ppg) is ranked 127 of 128

If CS loses to one of the worst 5 times in the FBS on the heels of the ISU shutout...it's over. His job would not be waiting for him after December 5, guaranteed. Think the ISU backlash was bad, that would be child's play compared to a loss today.

This isn't just a bad Kansas team, they're worse than 120+ others. A loss would cement CS has zero control of the team and is incapable of representing Texas standards.

There's less than a snowball's chance in hell we lose. Won't happen, not even close.

5. Larry T Spider

Larry T Spider 100+ Posts

1. This will be an easy win. Kansas is really really bad. Worse than words can express.

2. All of what brad austin said.

• Like Like x 2
  6. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Well, we could lose the game, but only if the team somehow wanted to in a passive aggressive way, but that "could" happen. If it did, I do think the negative snowball would roll right over Charlie Strong. So, in that way, it is a must win.

7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

People underestimate how bad we suck. I guess we just don't want to belive it. Kansas sucks too, but won't be surprised if it's a close game.

8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Hold on. The crappy game we played last week is good enough to beat Kansas.

• Like Like x 2
  9. eastexhorn

eastexhorn 250+ Posts

See no way Texas loses. If they do should be like Miamia and fire the coach after the game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

This game is in Austin and I think the season has shown that Texas tends to play much better at home, than on the road.

Kansas is horrible, the Horns should be able to run the ball successfully, even without much of a passing game.

I wonder if Heard has a bad shoulder from watching him throw now as opposed to earlier in the year. He may not have the strongest arm, even when healthy, but he did have some zip on the ball against Cal and OSU. That seems to have dissipated now. Even those bubble screens take forever getting to the receiver and are often well off target.

11. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Lose to Kansas and the wheels come completely off. That said, we won't lose to them. Of course I thought that about ISU...

12. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

If we lose to Kansas today, I'm moving to Canada, but first I'm voting for Hillary.
    My life as I now know it will be over.

13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

No...it is good enough to tie Kansas...after all...Texas put a big giant goose-egg on the board. Or are you giving the defense credit for at least a safety?

• Like Like x 1
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yes

15. anon

anon 25+ Posts

Crisis averted, tho not guaranteed by half time.
    Now, it seems that a 3d year is assured unless 2 of the 3 remaining games are "embarrassing" of the Iowa State kind, even tho all 3 teams remaining are better than Iowa State.
    CS can probably survive one "bad" game.
    The more likely result would be a significant change among assistants - the ole "scapegoat trick."

16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Sometimes the coach changes are legitimate.