My dad has cancer URGENT Update

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by iplaydrums, Oct 5, 2008.

1. iplaydrums

iplaydrums 100+ Posts

Any prayers are appreciated.... My dad is a lifelong Texas fan. He's a 3 time Vietnam vet, and has always lived life in his own terms. I feel so helpless right now. My dad was diagnosed with throat cancer last August. At that point it did not spread, and he went through radiation all the way until January. At that point, he began his check-ups and everything was looking good until this past Thursday evening. He had a biopsy on Monday, and the Doctor called with the results...his cancer was back..in a big way. They are going to have to remove my dad's voicebox within two weeks, and the cancer may have spread to other places, such as his tongue or jawbone. My dad loves to talk, he is the type of guy that will chat with anyone walking down the street. I'm so afraid that he will lose the will to live. I'm afraid for my mom. I'm afraid for myself. Fear is gripping all of us, and I'm just not sure what to do except ask for prayers from all. We're trying to get him into M.D. Anderson asap Monday or Tuesday to get further opinions..he's been going to Scott & White in Temple....Just prayers are appreciated. God bless.

2. longhornbell

longhornbell 100+ Posts

Prayers and good thoughts for your Dad and entire family.
    God Bless.

3. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Prayers for you and your family.

HornHuskerDad [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

Prayers for you and your family!! Keep your head up, your hope alive, and the strength to keep your Dad going! He will need it! [​IMG]

5. S.A.Diva

S.A.Diva 250+ Posts

Prayers for you and yours... [​IMG]

6. S.A.Diva

S.A.Diva 250+ Posts

Oh and by the way...MD Anderson is an excellent facility...I do cancer research and we have study trials there...

Prayers for your dad...

7. iplaydrums

iplaydrums 100+ Posts

A quick but urgent update--- Dad decided to postpone his surgery until November 19th. However as the tumor continued to grow, his breathing became labored and he was rushed to the emergency room yesterday evening in Houston. He had an emergency tracheotomy early this afternoon and initially came out fine. However complications have developed and he has a collapsed lung and is heavily sedated on morphine. I need everyones prayers please, thank you so much.