My Red Wing boots are too tight

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by DrewDevil, Aug 14, 2007.

1. DrewDevil

DrewDevil 25+ Posts

I bought them a while back and I love them, but they are just a little too tight. They are 10s and should probably be 10 1/2s. They get uncomfortable after a few hours of wear.

Is there anywhere in Austin I could take them to get them stretched just a bit? Is that even a good idea?

2. UofTOrange

UofTOrange 250+ Posts

I have a similar problem with mine, but they are getting better. I bought a spray in shoe stretcher and it worked very well. You can also take them to the Red Wings store and have them stretch the boots for you.

3. simihorn

simihorn 100+ Posts

do they still measure your foot in the machine? I remember when I bought my first pair (somewhere in Austin my freshman year), they made you stick your foot in a machine that would constrict and assign you a size. I came back a 13-B, which I thought was just wrong (i always wore 12s and thought I was a wide).

almost 20 years, 4 heels and 2 soles later, those are the best pair of foot coverings I've ever owned.

Just wondering if they do the same measuring thing, how they would be too small?

4. homer

homer 500+ Posts

5. sawbonz

sawbonz 500+ Posts

6. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

I wear a 9½ - 10 shoe; how much do you want to sell them for?

Of course, there's the "Cinderalla Step Sisters" discount to factor in (oversized stinky feet).

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. next2naus

next2naus 500+ Posts

wear them in a pool or the lake, the will custom fit after that, you will of course need to oil them real good too.

8. schnarkle

schnarkle 500+ Posts

9. grinder

grinder 500+ Posts

I'd stop wearing them and buy a larger pair. Your feet will thank you - spending $100+ to prevent development of bunions and other feet ailments caused by poorly-fitted shoes is well worth it.

10. hornian

hornian 1,000+ Posts

I earned my redwings the hard way...

11. Luke Duke

Luke Duke 1,000+ Posts

12. random horn

random horn 250+ Posts

[​IMG]

toes are overrated

13. lowery21

lowery21 250+ Posts

I've got a pair that were 10.5s three soles ago that you can have.