NCAA 1 and 2 round games in Austin

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Mar 2, 2016.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

hopefully we are hosting. I just bought my ticket. Forgot to specify a location, sometimes I wonder about my comprehension of online order forms. So I will see where I end up although I did request a location near the Texas bench.

• Like Like x 2
  2. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I ordered via my phone and the follow up email seemed to indicate they seat you by your priority in their eyes. I.e. Season ticket holder vs. Non and maybe Foundation member. You didn't miss anything

3. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

I don't see a possibility where we couldn't be hosting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. airtightskipole

airtightskipole 25+ Posts

Where do I go to order them online?

5. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  6. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Creme now projecting Iona to be Texas first round opponent with #7 seed South Florida and #10 seed Indiana the other two teams in Austin.

As someone has pointed out, South Florida will be tough.....and didn't they steal the :hookem: from us?

7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

Babhorn - not sure I see Tennessee getting past Arizona State. State is a very good team, but Tennessee does have the athleticism to pull the upset. Would certainly be an interesting rematch with Tennessee~~~

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  9. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Was thinking about both La Tech and the Rocky Tops last evening. Nothing as pitiful as a dynasty in decline. Of course with La Tech, it couldn't happen to better people. Yes, I am bitter and petty.

10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

alright. Now we know where and who the men will be playing. Tomorrow, it's our team's turn to find out. :coolnana:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

Any guesses where we go? I'm thinking Sioux Falls (per Charlie Creme), but it could be Lexington.

12. airtightskipole

Anyone find out what seats they got for the tourney?

13. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Wow. :puke: Oh well!

14. airtightskipole

Yup uconn AGAIN. Why do the basketball gods hate us

15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Damn. We are in UConn's region.

No way Arizona State should be ahead of us on the 2-line. They were bounced in the quarterfinals of their conference tourney.

Guess we're also getting USF in Austin.

• Like Like x 3
  16. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

My word's exactly looks like the NCAA screwed us

• Like Like x 1
  17. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

No effin' way we should've been below ASU!

• Like Like x 4
  18. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I'm shocked but have worried about the Pac-12 fawning for quite sometime

19. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Looks like UCLA or South Florida in the Sweet 16, and UCONN in the Elite 8. I'll take it! FF here we come!! But gotta take care of business at home first. Let's go, Horns!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. UTFORLIFE

UTFORLIFE 25+ Posts

Hopefully we don't blow the second game with our sorry offense

21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Most folks figured UCLA was going to be a #2 seed and Arizona State a #3 seed. Regardless of their actual seed, they couldn't be placed in the same regional as the 2-3 teams. All I can think of is that we got bumped to prevent that.

22. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

We got screwed. Looks, to me, like a strategy to try and ensure the #1's all get thru to the FF. They weren't going to put us in the region with Baylor, and we are a legit threat to South Carolina and Notre Dame when we're playing well, so that puts us in the region where NOBODY is a threat to #1 UConn. While I have my conspiracy theory, I honestly feel like Moooooo is probably acurate.

Whatever the case, hopefully we'll have some good focus, play well, and hold our seed. If so, maybe we'll play UCONN like we should -- with nothing to lose. We SHOULD at least get thru to the Sweet 16. I don't like to call anything easy, but let's just say the committee could've been even more brutal with the games in Austin.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not sure we've beaten BYU in anything recently. Recent losses in volleyball, football men's hoops, and softball come to mind . . .

24. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Of course it's one game at a time and take care of business first and foremost. It's March and a chance/challenge at a "redemption tour" for the Longhorns to knock out UCONN and then possibly BU in the semifinals. Embrace it! How sweet would that be?

• Like Like x 6
  25. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Welp, I'm kinda pissed. But, we had our chances to move up. Losing to BU 3 times probably warranted the seeding. I wish scrimmages counted because I think we beat ASU at their house before the season. :rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 2
  26. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Lets forget about the bracket and forget about UConn. I'm sure Coach Aston is telling team "lets get ready for Alabama St". It's been a great season lets keep it going!!

• Like Like x 6
  27. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Someone on the committee has it in for Texas to put us in the UConn region 2 years in a row, and I'm usually not a conspiracy theorist. I know there are several factors to be considered, RPI, etc., but there is also a lot of subjectivity involved.

• Like Like x 2
  28. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

At Austin, Texas
    19-Mar, 6:30 p.m. ESPN2

7 BYU vs 10 Missouri

19-Mar, 9 p.m. ESPN2
    2 Texas vs 15 Alabama State

here we go: the start of one and done.
    Looks we are deemed the weakest #2, therefore placed in UConn's bracket. Personally, regardless of which region we ended up in, we would run into a #1 seed in the Elite Eight. We just have to keep winning to get there.

Interesting to hear people saying they didn't want to meet Baylor again, we matched up poorly against S. Carolina, wanted to stay away from UConn. That pretty left ND, not exactly a pushover.

We need to beat a #1 to get to the final four. might as well be the best of the bunch. We will need to win three games before we find out just how much we have improved from last year.

• Like Like x 4
  29. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Any time set for Mondays games? I need to ask off work.
    If we win, of course.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  30. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Refs won't let UConn lose and they will do all they can to oust Baylor before they get to the final four like they have for the last few years.