NCAA 11 Demo

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Hornoholic, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Hornoholic

Hornoholic 25+ Posts

I just downloaded the demo for ps3 and thought I'd share some of the ratings.

Gilbert 87 ovr thp 88 tha 86
    Fozzy and Newton are both 88 ovr
    Malcolm Williams 92 ovr
    All 5 starters on the o-line are 90 ovr or better
    Aaron Williams 92 ovr 96 spd

Connor Wood 77 ovr and wears jersey #10
    [​IMG]

2. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

3. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

"I never understand why they just make up jersey numbers, especially for people who are on the given roster."

Because they're coming out of HS and they generally set the rosters for the game before spring ball even starts. Like when Marquis Johnson was on the roster back in the day. I'd make up jersey numbers too if I had to input 1200 true frosh numbers.

4. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

They do that even for players that aren't true freshman. Again, that 20/34 thing happened multiple times and it appled to the same players.

5. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I've been playing since Bill Walsh college football and I haven't seen a #20 or #34 that wasn't a true freshman, sans Ricky Williams in the 1999 version. It happens.

6. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

If it matters to you, make sure you play all the matchups and "send" the demo to a friend to unlock the Nike Pro-Combat unis for use in the retail game.

They don't always take into account retired numbers or multiple players with the same number. Big deal. They're having to account for what, 120+ teams? I think they do an alright job.

7. UTArlington

UTArlington 100+ Posts

Pretty good demo, I can't wait to get my online dynasty going again

8. orngblud

orngblud 1,000+ Posts

Demo game play is good and all, but I pray they fix some of the ridiculous roster gaffs. I don't mind the random freshman numbering and I understand why it's done. It is all fixable with the edit player mode anyway. But the errors on the defensive side of the ball are EGREGIOUS! Sam Acho isn’t even in the game....REALLY?!?! And Emmanuel Acho appears as our second string defensive tackle...*sigh*....They have a made up sophomore (#9) starting at LOLB and a freshman (#11) at third string ROLB but no Jared Norton (who’s a senior). The backup strong safety IS a junior (Nolan Brewster I presume) but he’s sporting #15, not the #27 he used to wear OR the #2 he switched to this year.........I mean.....can you crack open a media guide??? [​IMG]

9. mr.pringles

mr.pringles 100+ Posts

ya, ornglbud above pretty much has it all down..

Besides that, Texas has a pretty damn good team. Not many 'standouts'. There are two things that I noticed while playing though, that work amazingly in our favor.

1.) Speed is nowhere near as good as it used to be, and more emphasis has certainly been added to acceleration and agility. This is a god-send for us, as most of our receivers (except Goodwin) have outstanding ACC and AGI, but average speed.
    2.) FATIGUE!! In the 8 minutes you can play on the demo, I noticed quite a bit more fatigue this time around. Again, amazing in our favor, as we have no absolute star-power, but amazingly deep depth. For example, Connor Wood is just as good, if not better, than GG. All of our HB's considerably good, and thankfully there's distinctions between them in stats (some speed-based, others acc/agi based, others power backs).

Our returners are either amazing or OU's kickoff/punt team blows.. Our safeties all have considerably good AWR and can are capable of playing man-coverage w/ the best of them. Not the best at inside-runs though :/

One additional tidbit that I don't think anyone mentioned was Sherrod Harris. In my time tampering w/ substitutions, he was probably the biggest surprise in the game, and probably the largest weapon we have on offense. He has 90s speed and great running attributes, as well as above-par throwing numbers, though not as good as connor/GG. He adds a great twist to the offense if necessary. Again, fatigue is a big deal, so I don't advise using him extensively, but if nothing is clicking on the O, throw him in and the entire unit feels like a completely new machine. Create some distance w/ shotgun, and you'll have no problem handling the D-line whatsoever.