nd Post-Game Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Godz40acres, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

My pre-game prediction was dead on!

I said Heard would make 2 first downs in his first series and I nailed it.

Now, as far as that other stuff I “predicted,” you guys know I was just messin’ with ya, right?

Right?

[​IMG]

2. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Jerrod Heard did not play the entire 2nd half.

Strong was asked in the post-game Q&A if Heard was hurt and he said no – he had the wind knocked out of him on the one play, but returned the next series.

In a post-game interview, Shawn Watson was asked why Heard did not make an appearance in the 2nd half and he replied:

Ty was competing, he was competing really hard and we felt like he gave us the best chance.​

Okay, then. Let’s see…

1st HALF
    Swoopes:
    • In 4 out of his 5 series, TS went 3&out
    • In 21 total plays, TS had 1½ first downs (the ½ is for a 3rd down penalty resulting in a first down)
    • TS went 1 for 8 for 20 yards

Heard:
    • In 1 out of his 2 series, JH went 3&out
    • In 6 total plays, JH had 2 first downs
    • JH went 1 for 1 for 10 yards
    With what my eyes told me and the stats show, I can certainly see why Watson kept Heard on the sideline in the 2nd half. Really, he doesn’t ever need to see the field again – I mean if he can’t turn the game around in 6 plays, what good is he? ( ;) )

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  3. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Don’t remember seeing one “tough catch” made by a domer receiver…

He made some mistakes, but I love me some Malik Jefferson – hope he stays…

Thomas, Haines, and Bonny aced their audition for Columbia Pictures’ new movie, “The 3 Stooges Return”…

Best hit-‘n-attitude – Breckyn Hager (sure, the post-hit “taunting” should have gotten a flag, but he is, after all, a son-of-a-B)…

It was encouraging to see Nick Rose make 3 outta 4 field goals. Hope he keeps that percentage going!

4. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

I knew we wouldn’t win the conference this season, but reading all the Longhorns sports guys’ Spring and Fall articles, I couldn’t help but be swayed that we’d be super competitive.

Reminds me of the time I went to a used car dealership and bought a 1971 Gremlin and some property in Syria. The salesman assured me that a Christian from Texas driving an American Motors Corp vehicle would be welcomed there.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

Here is my thoughts on our team and coaching staff so far this season:

• Like Like x 1