Nebraska ... need a nail?

Discussion in 'Classics' started by hollisdude, Nov 8, 2006.

1. hollisdude

hollisdude 500+ Posts

Dear Husker Fan,

Despite our Big 12 beginnings and your misunderstanding over our rightful place in all of this, we kinda like you guys. Y'all are the closest thing we have to a respectful and respectable opponent, we kinda like you guys. So, this is all for free ... pay attention.

Saturday afternoon you'll be heading into the maroon tackle box to show off on ABC, and across the sidelines you'll be facing a perspicacious progeny of the coaching ranks ... Fran. You're at a disadvantage already with the incessant noise being created by the greatest fans at the center of the college football universe. In order to prepare you and help level the field, here are some of the things you should be ready for ... remember, we kinda like you guys.

1. If you lose the toss and somehow you get both the ball and the wind in the first quarter, don't think anything about it. And don't start laughing.
    2. If you can get defensive ends to rush within 5 yards of McGee on a pass, he'll flush faster than south Texas quail. Oh and Vegas has the over/under on his throwaways into the stands at 11. Load up.
    3. If it's 3rd and 2, the Pillsbury Doughboy is going to get the call. Every time. Guaranteed. The perspicacious one has no *** left to chew on after the OU game. This is now a lock call.
    4. You can probably play 11 in the box if you want. The last time one of their wide receivers caught a pass, we had just dug Saddam out of his hiding place.
    5. Stay off the track. It has latent equine fecal matter embedded in the surface. The Ags are passing the hat though to clean it.
    6. If you're up by 4 points, don't sweat it. It's an automatic field goal call.
    7. If you have 4th down - forget the punt. Simply run the play clock down, call time out. Go back out and line up to go for it. Odds are really good that they will be in their famous 4-4-4 defense. Snap the ball and voila! First down Huskers.

OK, that should be enough. There's your nail. We've got our big nail ready for T+1. See ya in Kansas City.

Love
    Horns

• Like Like x 1
  2. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

solid 8, maybe 9.

3. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts

Brilliant! [​IMG]

4. MizzouSnives

MizzouSnives 500+ Posts

dear huskers, after you're done going 9-4 (or 10-3 if god changes his mind about the north division), can we have your coach? imagine my surprise when i turned on the television last week and i saw your coach on the sidelines, looking like he had a game plan! i didn't even know that was allowed, all we have are assistants that always look like they're shooing bees away. it sure would be nice to have a gameday coach.

thanks,
    mizzou fans everywhere

oh, and good luck vs. aggy. don't fumble on the 1.

5. hollisdude

hollisdude 500+ Posts

6. TexanByChoice

TexanByChoice 250+ Posts

this post has made me chuckle.

thank you.

7. sessamoid

sessamoid 500+ Posts

Nice. Has this been posted to the NU boards yet?

8. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

9. Roy4

Roy4 Guest

that 4-4-4 defense...
    You would think it would not take decades to get around to implementing that and giving it a name and making it an aggie mainstay. It of course is impressive with 11 in the box and the Free Safety back to take a pouch kick.

10. burntorange20

burntorange20 25+ Posts

It's more like an 11-1 defense

11. Samhain

Samhain < 25 Posts

Poor Franaggy

12. BDog

BDog 250+ Posts

13. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Greatness! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

15. GhostOfTomJoad

GhostOfTomJoad 500+ Posts

With regards to aggy and the naming of their 4-4-4 defense I suspect it's just a matter of time until they threaten a lawsuit on any NFL, NCAA, high school or Pop Warner team that is flagged for 12 men on the field. Aggy has certainly filed for copyright protection & is the only team in any sport allowed to use the expression "12 men on the field". $Bill will rake in millions with this stroke of genius.

16. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Excellent post to help our friends of the corn navigate their way through that strange and wonderful place called aggyland.

We might also add that Husker fans should be warned about groups of uniformed Corps of Cadets members that may from time-to-time huddle together and grab their groin area while yelling in unison. Do not be alarmed, this is very normal.

Also note the odd group of men dressed like milkmen are the aggy version of cheerleaders - aggy calls them yell leaders for some odd reason. If an aggy yells uncover! This odd request means to remove your hat, not undress.

There are many other odd, strange, unusal customs and sights - too numerous to go into on this thread. Just be warned it will be somewhat like walking through the midway at the traveling carnival or circus.

Go Huskers!

17. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

&#60;Burns&#62;Excellent!&#60;/Burns&#62;

18. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun 100+ Posts

Allsome. [​IMG]

Watch for flinging poo. And go 'Sker's. [​IMG]

See you in K.C.

19. hullabelew

hullabelew 1,000+ Posts

If someone asks you "Can you can help me with this?", just briskly walk away.

20. GatorHorn

GatorHorn 250+ Posts

This thread isn't nearly as good without a visual aid.

[​IMG]

21. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I find it disturbing that the request for a visual aid came directly after a Tate Pittman reference.

22. LonghornLawyer

LonghornLawyer 500+ Posts

In reply to:

23. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun 100+ Posts

24. toucan82

toucan82 1,000+ Posts

I like what I'm seeing here

25. HuskerJN

HuskerJN < 25 Posts

[​IMG]
    Thanks Horns!
    See you on December 2nd. [​IMG]

26. HUSKERMAN21

HUSKERMAN21 First Time Poster

I'm not going to lie, you all are really starting to grow on me. I think I might pay you a visit down there for the game next year. Go Big Red! And Horns...

DECEMBER 2ND

I'm just afraid these "Aggies" (DOGS) might bring the guns for this one...

27. Good stuff.

I just hope Slow Train decides to stop at Whataburger right before kickoff.[​IMG]

28. LHGBro

LHGBro Guest

Ghost of Tom Joad - I'm not a lawyer, but a simple resolution to the impending lawsuit over the name for the penalty for having 12 men on the field is to simply call it, an 'Aggy'.

29. LazyMF Husker

LazyMF Husker First Time Poster

I posted this over on Huskerpedia: A&M advice

The love we are showing for each other is almost sickening.

30. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun 100+ Posts

Come on down. [​IMG] I think you'd have a great time. And Austin is something to see, if you've never been before.

GL to you guys this weekend