New, held firm, upgraded or dropped tickets

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by BananaChipBettor, Jun 11, 2015.

1. BananaChipBettor

BananaChipBettor 100+ Posts

Well, what did you all think about the new process and how did it play out for you? I know Steve gets a lot of hate, but I loved the new process. I kept my old tickets and added a few more. There is nothing better than knowing what you're getting right away. Better than leaving it up for grabs with the LHF picking for you.

2. BananaChipBettor

BananaChipBettor 100+ Posts

nm

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  3. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

I kept it all the same... I like that the process is very transparent and you make your own choices... that's much better than it was.

I still don't like that I already paid for OU tickets and I have no idea if I'll be able to get them... LHF is just milking interests out of millions of dollars that way.

4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

It wasn't too bad, I did hear that one guy opened the tab for changing ticket and ran his cursor over his tickets which opened them up. By the time he figured out what happened, someone else bought his seats. That would really suck! I think there are improvements to be made and maybe some day we'll be able to purchase and download the seats to our phones, then scan through at the gate.

5. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

Ended up with same tix and parking as previous years. Just had to pay significantly more. Would be an easier sell with a decent product on the field. Last was 2009.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TXLonghorndad

TXLonghorndad 100+ Posts

Well yea, but you paid for the fancy / transparent process with increases in your season tickets; new charges for parking, not being able to sell your current seats, etc. Yes, I was able to go online and choose the same parking spot as before, but I could have done the same under the old designate by mail or email process. I'd say the new process was a big win for Patterson and a loss for Longhorns especially those who have supported the program for years.

7. TXLonghorndad

TXLonghorndad 100+ Posts

Exactly. Patterson's fancy bells and whistles was an attempt to mask the huge prices increases for tickets and parking.

• Like Like x 1
  8. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

I feel the same way, why allow us to purchase ou tickets and then tell us you may not be able actually get them.

9. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn 500+ Posts

Whoa, whoa, whoa, what?! F*ck, I totally missed this information. I've never been a LHF member because I'm poor and would not have much to donate. My donation would almost certainly get me upper east side tickets at best. Would this still be the case in the new system you guys speak of? I usually just buy from donors who aren't going because it's the only way I can get decent seats.

10. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

Yes, you still need to donate. The system just allows you to pick the seats you want... It gives you two totals per seat... The ticket price, and the minimum donation required.

• Like Like x 1
  11. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

I did not like the process. I did not like getting an email to select parking at 04:45pm on June 4 (during my commute home). The season ticket renewal, away games order, and parking selection should have taken place on the initial order. There is no reason whatsoever to designate a different time and date for parking selection. Upgrades most certainly should be in order of point total after the deadline for renewals, but probably would have been better and less time consuming to require those wanting an upgrade option to also designate that desire on the original order. Eliminating parking selection and those that do not wish an upgrade would probably make the upgrade process a lot simpler.
    So no, I did not like the process as it does not seem to be well thought out. I still envision the process being developed by three monkeys and a rock. Basic management and thought process seems lacking. Maybe they will think about it and do better next year.

12. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

I honestly think that is done by design... The reason for the two dates is to allow people to get excited about whatever else they want to get and be willing to donate more money... even after already having donated months before. They thought about it long and hard, and the answer is always "whatever gets us the most money"...