New OL Coach

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Clean, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

A guy in my office says OB just texted him that Steve Adazzio is our new OL coach. Take it for what its worth.

2. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

It is true, per Chip Brown.

Addazio was ESPN's National Recruiter of the Year:
    The Link

3. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

This would be encouraging but you will understand my hesitance to get excited at this point. I am waiting for the press conference or announcement from the Athletic Department. I am numb.

4. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

I have no new sources but can confirm that I read it on HornFans with links to other intrawebs websites.

Welcome to the 40 Acres, Mr. Addazio. You have a lot of work to do! [​IMG]

5. The Gnome Man

The Gnome Man 250+ Posts

When you google him, there is a lot of Fire Steve Addazio stuff, but maybe that's true of just about anyone. I don't know.

6. Bevo Incognito

Just over on the Florida boards. The consensus seems to be that he is a hell of an OL coach and an excellent recruiter.

The list of guys whom he has put into the NFL is pretty lengthy.

I think this is a very solid move, indeed.

7. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

If it is true, then what does it mean, if anything at all, that Mack has hired OL coach before naming offensive coordinator?

8. TexasTower

TexasTower 500+ Posts

Nothing at all... we hired position coaches on the defensive side of the ball before hiring a DC before.

9. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Gnome Man, it's true of just about everybody. Sooners in the past wanted their OC gone at some points. Bama wants or wanted their OC gone. Every program it's the same. Fans always want what others seem to have while those other fans want what you have.

10. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

If this true, does it mean the OC will not be Chryst?

11. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

for purely asthetic reasons, i like this hire. he looks like a bad-***. bald and moustache!

[​IMG]

So he is OK with going from OC at Florida to OL coach at Texas. Just curious?

Considering he is a great recruiter and won't be calling plays, I like this hire, if true. He was under quite a bit of fire this year as Florida's OC.

12. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Maybe this will keep Christian Westerman in the fold.

13. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

I like any asst coach that is willing to deliver an uppercut to Urban during a play.

14. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

15. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Dude, maybe that is the cause of this mystery repeating sickness that Meyer has or says he has.

16. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

I can confirm that Adazzio is a coach

17. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

I will be very excited about this hire until I read tomorrow that there is no truth to this report.

18. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

19. BevoNation

BevoNation 500+ Posts

Fire Addazzio
    Sweet! We don't have to come up with a new "Fire Coach" website. Thanks Gator Nation! But on a more serious note that Florida OL looked downright awful this year...

20. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

All about Westerman...he is that important to Mack...Westerman will start on the oline next year...he is that good

[​IMG]

21. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

22. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

23. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

Just an observation, but jesus and chip both tweeted they gave news on coaching hires at the same time. The 2 reports also conflict with each other.

24. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

25. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

BobbyBurton

Guys,

First of all, we have no reason to disbelieve that Adazzio will be the next OL coach.

However, he is considered a finalist for the Temple job - he is one of three.

We have reason to believe that Adazzio was in Austin today but can not confirm that.

26. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

All just a bunch of smoke up our asses until the deal is done. Then I'll get excited!

27. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

NBC Sports: "Addazio to take the Texas OL job . . . or maybe not. Others are reporting it so we kinda believe it . . . but what do we know . . . we have done no independent journalistic work ourselves."

Woodward and Bernstein would be proud

28. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Great Hire, Florida's Offensive Coordinator is Texas line coach. He is a outstanding recruiter which Texas needs since they lost Muschamp also a great recruiter. Mack Brown is trying to keep his 23 recruits for 2011 and Westermann is a key to this class, maybe this will keep him with Texas?

29. Bevo Incognito

He was Syracuse's OL coach when Donovan McNabb was there.

30. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

The Link
    Texas saying no job offered.