New OL Coach

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Clean, Dec 21, 2010.

1. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

I would take head coaching job over Offensive Line Coach, that is understandable. Texas will get a good OL coach, no problem

2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I'm a director presiding over 413 employees with roughly $75mil in annual sales. My father in law was the CEO of his company until he died with 3 employees doing about one million in annual sales.

See, a title is all about hierarchy not money. The only issue I have is if Mack is the CEO then there should not be any other sports being played. Except that there are CEO's in separate divisions of companies I guess. To me Mack is more of a director of football operations while Deloss would be the athletic CEO.

There, did that get us back on track?

3. Lake_Travis_Horn

Lake_Travis_Horn 500+ Posts

What is the furor over the CEO crap? When people said that Mack was a CEO, they were speaking metaphorically. No, he is not technically a CEO and his job isn't equivalent to that of a CEO. What they were saying is that his management style is akin to that of a CEO - stay at a high level, drive the strategic issue, culture, and general direction of the football program (company for a real CEO), and let the coordinators and position coaches (directors and managers for a real CEO) handle the tactical, day-to-day, and more detailed issues.

So to summarize, no one is saying that Mack is a real live CEO, just that he is CEO-like in his approach and his style.

Are people more petty this year because of all the crap going on with the program or does it just seem that way because of all the crap going on with the program?

4. gmcb81

gmcb81 100+ Posts

I'd ask for my $9.95 back.

Especially when the confirmation on Austin to Austin blows up and we have another "clearing the air" post.

5. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

6. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Yea, we want to brag about ourselves on an internet board.

Sounds like some people are a little unhappy with their lives.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

A CEO is responsible for an entire Corporation, in this case the entire Corporation would be the University of Texas, (Powers) one of those product lines would be athletics, (Dodds) and one of the products in that line would be football. Brown.

For those that think I am full of myself or like to brag about myself, well I hate to break it to you, that was the last thing, what I was comparing it to is a guy who makes a helluva lot less than him and is responsible for almost the same amount of revenue. Sorry you have to carry your political hatred/racism to other boards. [​IMG]

7. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

8. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Does that guy who generates as much revenue as Mack does work as hard or as much as he does. Is he responsible for as much as he is? Is his job as high profile, his moves as watched and as under the microscope as Mack is? Do people give a f**k who he is or what he does like they do with Mack? No.

I think Mack deserves more money than your fella.

9. Gaius

Gaius < 25 Posts

10. Pitter09

Pitter09 250+ Posts

Hey Vol Horn, do you wear a pinkie ring too? If so, that would make you even cooler.

11. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

You are also in a relationship with Caprica Six. THAT I would brag about, Gods.

12. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

How hard is it to find a good offensive line coach? Clancy Barone, John Benton... How good is Jimmy Heggins at UK?

To answer my first question, OL is a hard position to coach. However, if you pay the money, there has to be lots of choices.

13. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

We have fifty of them on this site alone. Count other sites and we have 273 candidates who have hopefully sent in their resume.

14. Gaius

Gaius < 25 Posts

15. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

This thread just became of more worth.

[​IMG]

16. beaVo

beaVo 500+ Posts

yeah, well i'm vice president at my place.

no, wait... JUNIOR vice president.

17. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

Is Oprah Winfrey the über CEO?