New recruiting rankings....

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by moondog_LFZ, Jan 25, 2019.

1. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

2. LAGA4

LAGA4 500+ Posts

Flood watch on the Brazos downstream from colie station due aggy tears.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Yes. When the only high ranking you can get is salesmanship to 18 year old kids it becomes a big deal. Those clowns will grasp at anything for attention. Perhaps some day they can get a trophy.

4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Holy Jeebus, as much as I would love to get back to Texas, this is one thing I don't miss is having to be around aggies and listening to their opinions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Does that reflect Bru McCoy jumping ship to UT?

6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I don't think it does, two other 4 stars commits UT had move up to 5 stars last week or recently. Believe McCoy would make it 3 total 5 star commits when it's official.

7. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Pressure is really on now for Jimbo to get a W in this Spring's maroon and white game to settle aggy down a bit.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Never too early for this...

1CaVO00.png

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

I thought our ranking jumped to #3 after the McCoy transfer was confirmed, prior to that we were #5 - ?

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

Thats correct. Our current ranking includes Mccoy, Shepherd, and a rating bump for Jacoby Jones

• Like Like x 2
  11. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

We are counting Javonne Shepherd? I don't know if that one is in the bag or not, he seems flaky

12. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

Although hes taking lots of visits, hes never decommitted from Texas. 247 composite still has him listed as a commit. Im still hopeful he sticks with the horns. Guys with his size and ability are rare. There does seem to be some issues with him but with the right support around him I think he could be a great addition to the class.

13. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Whittington 5
    Owens 5
    McCoy 5

???

14. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

Only Whittington and Mccoy are composite 5*. Owens is a 247 5* but when all rankings are combined hes just a sorry 4* :thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  15. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Rivals has us at 6 and OU number three above aggie

16. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

At 7 million per game, good to get in an early victory.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Remember the Dylan Mack saga? He turned out to be solid player for the Aggies, no trouble.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I just realized, after reading texags criticism of the rankings, that they are practicing a cargo cult (look it up). In other words, assemble the right pieces (new stadium, new coach, new league) then that alone means they are NC potential. What is going to happen when in next 5 years it is the Horns in CFP and not the ags?

20. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

A participation trophy?

A trophy for losing the most outstanding QB prospects the fastest?

Perhaps a ...something to do with sheep trophy? (And we’re not talking about wool.)

Somewhere there is a trophy case, perhaps virtual, filled with aggy underachievement and bonehead decision awards.

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

FIFY (I don't believe in no stinking jinxes!!):

What is going to happen when next year it is the Horns in CFP and not the ags?

22. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Aggy will trot out all the same worn out BS; B12 is weak, Texas doesn't play anybody, sec is a tougher league, they have to play Bama every year (yeah right Bama showed just how tough the sec is in the NCG vs Clemson) and other BS. Nothing ever changes behind the maroon curtain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Pretty funny. *Edit- Sorry just saw that LC posted this in the Aggy thread...

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  24. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Last I saw, Rivals had not updated to show McCoys addition and other improvements.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  25. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I noticed that too.

26. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

What's the story on Javone Shepherd. I know he's been taking visits and he's still listed as committed, but what's the confidence level he signs with us on NSD2? All the visits might be for him to get his ego stroked or be the center of attention before signing with the Horns, or he could be looking for a new home. Anything definitive on the issue out there?

27. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I think transfers will count after NSD in February...or am hoping?

28. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

The consensus at surly is there's about 1% chance he doesn't flip to the aggies. Of course they gave the same odds for McCoy ending up in Austin. So there's that.

29. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Thanks!

My thoughts are that the aggys aren't going anywhere, but the Horns are. It's his life though.

30. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Hot Hot x 1