New Target at 183/Great Hills

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by Craigcito, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Craigcito

Craigcito 250+ Posts

When is this set to open? Are they going to close the one at 183/Ohlen or keep it going?

2. NCbevo

NCbevo 25+ Posts

I asked. They are keeping it open.

3. CleverNickname

CleverNickname 500+ Posts

I think its set for October.

4. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

Opens Friday 9/12 (correction, make that 10/12). Glad they're keeping the other one open as it attracts some of the biggest riff-raff Austin has to offer. Rather not see that clientele at the new one.

5. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

6. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

No worries, there's plenty of riff-raff to go around. New Target, new Wal-Mart, and old Target will all be well-stocked with much prime riff-raff.

7. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

I prefer the 183/Ohlen Target anyway. Not as crowded. Same stuff.

Why would i want to push elbows with obnoxious soccer moms at the shiny new North Target anyway? Forget about it.

8. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

Are you saying North Austin riff-raff isn't good enough for you?

9. CleverNickname

CleverNickname 500+ Posts

PSA - I think it opens today, or this week.

10. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

You want riff-raff... try the Target in Capitol Plaza.
    And it doesn't matter if you put a WalMart in the middle of BuckingHam Palace... the riff-raff will find it, and bring their 5 kids with it.

11. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

The sign outside says something about opening on 10/12, but that doesn't seem to be very true given that I entered, made some purchases, and walked out last night. Maybe it was some sort of 'soft' opening. They had jazz musicians playing, free cake, and even an ice sculpture. Funny stuff. They must have had every employee working because most of them were just standing around watching me shop.

12. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

according to austinriffraff.net they are indeed planning on hitting up the new Target for a change of scenery and clientele.

13. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

14. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

Why can't these people stay in their own neighborhoods.

15. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

Because there isn't a brick wall surrounding their neighborhood.

Plus in an Ironic twist, riffraff doesn't like other riff-raff, so when this new store opens, a few of the riffraff will realize this, and make the effort to go to the new one. Then the word will spread, until all the riffraff is at the new one, sending the original riffraff back to the old one, when they realize all the riffraff is now at the new one. Its a viscous cycle, and if we were to quantify the movement of riff raff, we would see that the ebb and flow follows a perfect sinusoidal pattern.

16. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

riffrats or riffworms?

17. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

Stopped by yesterday. I was disappointed in the riff-raff. I hope that soon they can upgrade and bring in some high-quality riff-raff.