Next man/woman up ! or should I say OUT !.....

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by MajesticII, Dec 1, 2019.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Nobody's lobbying for anyone... If I were it would be for Jeff, Vic, Muffett, or some other coach who is most likely not attainable. It's YOUR insecurities than shine brightly at the mention of coaches like Pebley. Again, an undeniable indicator that you know she's twice the coach KA will ever be. FOH

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

You lobbied for all 3 of those head coaches; i even quoted you yesterday. Just own it.

• poop poop x 1
  3. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

YOU are the LAST person who should ever bring up the word "HYPOCRITE" or talk about "TEMPER TANTRUMS". You teeter back and forth like a 4th grader on a see-saw, yes/no, no/yes, back and forth...over and over again, NEVER having the courage to steadfastly stand behind your comments or opinions while attacking anyone who disagrees with you. FYI, that's called WAFFLING..."speak or write, especially at great length, without saying anything important or useful"....."failure to make up one's mind".... Perhaps it's just indecision on your part, waiting patiently for Moooooo to give your marching orders for the day on what to think/what to say OR from insufficient blood supply to the brain from having your head so far up his/her ))).....

Whether Aston is retained or not, it won't change my life. Yes, I think it's time for a change...absolutely!!! However, that decision is out of my hands. I don't recall anyone specifically advocating for Raegan Pebley , but yes I for one do think she is a better coach than KA.....absolutely!!! In fact, I think most of the coaches in the Big XII are superior to her. Whatever CDC decides, none of us have a choice but to accept it. That certainly doesn't mean we have to like or agree with it. Now....run along and do your morning chores for Moooooo before you get put in timeout....

"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • poop poop x 2
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

You were saying?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  5. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Looks like someone is in their feelings because I have my own big, intelligent, brain. Give it up, it’s a wrap she’s going to be the coach and the amount of times you’ve regurgitated the nonsense about her being the coach not changing your life is obviously not true because it will.

• poop poop x 1
  6. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Uh oh, he’s emotional. He and his cohort sees the writing on the wall.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  7. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

All of this! :thumbup:

• poop poop x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

ANYONE not named Holly Warlick could do a better job than Karen Aston with the rosters she's had the past few seasons. So I guess I'm lobbying for anyone not name Holly Warlick. Okay so be it. But if she stays, she stays... at least we know what NOT to expect from any team "coached" by her. :rolleyes1:

Oh and, BTW, you never said how you came by "thinking" Aston didn't want to continue being a head coach. :idk:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • poop poop x 2
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

The only thing funnier than you having the nerve to ask me a direct question about where I get my information or form my conclusions is you following up with that same question a second time; guess you haven't figured out when you're being ignored . . .

• poop poop x 2
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

For those who actually want to discuss our program and the future of our head coach, here is what I think:

- our program is not heading in the right direction under Coach Aston; she couldn't maintain what she built, and the last two seasons signal a downward trend.

- Karen's recent comments that she has not discussed her future as our head coach with CDC could just be "coach-speak"; what was she supposed to say when the reporter asked her direct questions about her future at Texas? Honestly, this type of discussion should have occurred months ago (which I believe it did)

- if CDC were planning to extend her contract, it doesn't take but a few minutes to issue an official statement out in social media that Karen will be the head coach next season (the world's health issues could delay that, but everyone's jobs still have to go on). Not going on record in the near future doesn't help anyone.

- if CDC were planning to extend her contract, anything less than a 4-year extension will not provide current players, recruits, and their families any sense of stability or belief that he is making a firm commitment to Karen's future at Texas. Even with the health concerns we are facing, a one or two-year contract extension accomplishes nothing for the program's long-term future.

- if CDC is planning to make a change, I believe the pool of candidates will have shrunk significantly (due to the health issues). There may be candidates who are now unwilling to uproot their families, or even move away from certain family members. Conversely, perhaps there are a couple of candidates who now want to move back to Texas to be closer to family

- if CDC is going to want to conduct in-person interviews and provide tours of the University to prospective candidates, that is delayed indefinitely; the search and hiring process will take significantly longer than one would expect due to the world's health issues

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  11. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I agree with everything except for having a conversation about the future of the program. Why would that discussion have occurred months ago? And she just didn’t give some vague run of the meal coach speak like most coaches that already know they won’t be the coach. And if you look at the instagram post and comments from players like Joanne, Charlie, and Celeste they’re also expecting her to be back.

12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Because you don't wait until just months left before the contract is set to expire to "discuss" the future of your job. Most employees (in any industry) receive an annual job evaluation/appraisal. You hear ADs state all the time that they "evaluate" a coach after the specific head coach's sports season concludes. That means that CDC and Karen would have spoken about her job performance in March/April 2019. And, that means he would have laid out goals, objectives, and expectations for her 2019-20 season.

You have brought up soccer head coach Angela Kelly numerous times in this thread. As average to below-average as her results have been, not even she went into the last season of her contract without having received a contract extension.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Good points, but imo Coach Aston will be the coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. HnH

HnH 100+ Posts

This is what I'm clinging to at this point. For CDC to allow KA's contract status to languish right down to the end of the season would be simply bizarre and irresponsible if he had any intention of retaining her. As someone (perhaps it was you?) mentioned previously, this is crippling to a coach's recruiting efforts.

KA's comments in the article don't faze me. I've seen ADs go so far as to issue statements of support during the very season just weeks before they fire the coach. All KA says is "I anticipate being the coach of this team." Well, lots of coaches have said stuff like that in their final days as coach.

I don't claim to know what will happen. We'll just have to see. I'm also uncertain as to how covid-19 is impacting this:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

She’ll be the coach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. HnH

HnH 100+ Posts

Yes, you have stated this repeatedly. You've been heard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Two points of view stick in my head:

- Aston remains the head coach at Texas until we are told she is not

- Aston has not received a contract extension to coach at Texas next season and beyond until we are told she has

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  18. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Thank you

19. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Kurupt is right; KA isn’t going anywhere.

20. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I don't GAF who you really are, who you THINK you are on this site, or where you get your information. I was merely calling you out and, as usual, you took the bait. Validation.

You attack everyone on this forum who doesn't agree with you, especially where criticism of Karen Aston is concerned. You defend her "honor" as if it were your own in a vile, hateful manner.

Too bad for you that you fell short of your ambitious goal to become the moderator of this message board. Then you could have truly controlled everything on here, rather than keeping yourself constantly frustrated by your failed attempts to do so by attacking everyone.
    FOH

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• poop poop x 1
  22. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Poor thing... your bout with chronic constipation is obvious. We'll hold a prayer vigil for you.
    #DriedUp
    #Bitter

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• poop poop x 2
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  25. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

This thread is simply amazing. 18 pages and going. Having lots of time now, went back and read all again to see if it made sense and could lead me to the meaning of life. Lots of folks and information and opinions good and bad and everything in between. I am confused. It’s all OVER the spectrum. It probably is too early to ask someone to summarize. Unless someone just HAS to tackle it. Or not. I estimate this thread to go to 32 pages. Then perhaps the TRUTH will emerge. Whatever that is. Keep going.

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. HnH

HnH 100+ Posts

Early in the season this became the "we need a coaching change" thread, a topic which is clearly on the mind of any fan who hasn't completely gone apathetic.

Perhaps because I'm relatively new as a poster to this board, I really don't understand the personal bickering between certain posters, which has consumed a significant portion of this thread. Maybe that's par for the course on a fan board of a struggling team. I don't really know.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. FarawayFan

FarawayFan 25+ Posts

It would be nice if we could stick to the topic instead of attacking each other - understand that we all have too much time on our hands right now, but . . . and I admit there are lots of disagreements about the possibility of a new coach. It's a very interesting topic to us all who love Texas women's basketball, but it's had to find the opinions and ideas for who would be a good new coach among all the abuse.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  28. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

All you have to do is go back and look at when Brnkj and bobcat became consistent posters on here and you’ll have your answer to when this message board in general became a mess.

• poop poop x 1
  29. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

All you need to do is go back and see I've been here for a long time, and my opinion has remained consistent regarding Aston's ineptitude. Unlike yours, which has cowardly flipped back and forth like a fickle school girl.

The bottom line, however, is that the bickering back and forth is almost ALWAYS started by your great mentor attacking people and you following whatever lead your given from them. I don't take any ****... And believe me I would love the chance to hash it out face to face. I can't speak for Bobcat but apparently they feel the same.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  30. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Don't start no ****...won't be no ****.
    The End

• poop poop x 1