Nike it is

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by joh, Oct 21, 2015.

1. joh

joh 25+ Posts

University of Texas officials have reached a 15-year agreement with Nike in what is expected to be the richest shoe and apparel deal in college sports, the American-Statesman has learned.

Two sources familiar with the negotiations said the talks are complete. However, the contract must be forwarded to the UT System Board of Regents for final approval.

A UT athletic department spokesman declined to comment.

The contract’s total value is expected to approach $200 million, one source said, but it would certainly be “higher than Michigan.” The Wolverines signed a 15-year deal with Nike this summer worth an estimated $169 million. At the time, it was widely hailed as the biggest deal in college sports.

• Like Like x 3
  2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

We are the Joneses :hookem:

3. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

I sense Aggy wanting to redo their Adidas contract......bahhahhahaahhahahahah

4. marley

marley 500+ Posts

With this Nike move, how much money did Perrin leave on the table, or did he leave ANY?

I ask because I haven't seen any numbers re all of this.

5. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

My understanding is that Nike in the previous contract had a last rights clause to outbid any competitor. I would assume that would make their offer the highest.

Honestly, $200 million is plenty. I just want it somewhere in the contract that they won't go f**k up our uniforms!

6. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Isn't it a $200M spend discount over 20 years. In other words we will spend $1B over the next 20 years and they will discount us $200M?

Of course merchandise sales has some type of split as well....prbobably 80-20 Nike.....

7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I was hoping for UnderArmor. No reason specifically, just for the change.

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

UnderArmour wants more say in the "design", and will have us in clown costumes a couple of times a year. Nike understands that "you don't f**k with Texas", where Plank would put the Horns in red jerseys, blue pants, and white helmets with a star on them, making the excuse that it's the State Flag.

I used to like Plank, but his true colors were shown when he chose the poster boy of the Hitler youth corp to coach his own school rather than his good friend Mike Leach. I still haven't stopped laughing at him when his "hand picked coach" was asked during the Monday press conference about the "players only meeting yesterday", and he had no idea his players had called a meeting. Kinds reminiscent of Mackovic with the Chiefs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

After reading Sabre's description I retract my previous posting. Glad to have you Mr Nike.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  12. BevoQ

BevoQ 250+ Posts

Seems to me that Nikr shouldn't mind ankle/shoe tape ... Who wants to be the shoe everyone is breaking/spraining their ankles in?

• Like Like x 1
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Anybody remember Lenny Moore? While I'm sure he wore XPs (everyone but Pistol Pete Pedro did), all you could see was the five layers of Johnson & Johnson tape covering everything. Phil Knight would have gone berserk.

14. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Get a marker and draw the "swoosh" on the tape.

• Like Like x 1