No Bama in the Playoffs

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BevoJoe, Nov 30, 2019.

1. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Auburn 48
    Bama 45 FINAL

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Unfortunately probably opens door for the dirt burglars

• poop poop x 1
  3. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Saban's reaction...he was hot, distressed.
    Ending a game on a penalty prior to the snap when opponent is punting...priceless.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

They are unlikely to be left out at 12-1 anyway. Utah is probably who it really helps, but they still need more help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I thought he was going to blow a gasket. At least Bama won’t be in the CCG nor the NCG.....maybe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

34 - zip LSU in 3rd

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

No rammer jammer is so wonderful

8. RainH2burntO

Funny...You know you still have to add that "...maybe" on there with them even now because...well..you know...the committee be schemin' lol
    No...They are done. Sugar vs Baylor or OU.
    Would like to see them fall further, but unlikely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. envgeo

envgeo 500+ Posts

amazing how Saban gets out smarted in big games. I know we lost, but that NCG against bama we stopped every trick play they had.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Not if they lose to Baylor.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  11. BurntOrangeLH

He was panicked until Colt went down.

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

He did get screwed at the end of the first half. I have no idea what that was all about, basically a clock stoppage for Auburn with not time left to get their FG team on the field? Only in the SEC, and probably only in Auburn, AL...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. dangdirtysooner

dangdirtysooner 250+ Posts

Unlike previous years, Bama’s schedule was terrible this year. And without Tua, they just would not have gotten the benefit of the doubt this year, in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

What I've been saying last few weeks. They don't just look at wins, they look at losses. OU's was to KState. Bama's would have been to LSU. Course it's mute now. I hate Bama so don't care, but they did get screwed. That FG at the end of the 1st half was BS and if it had of happened to us, we'd have been pissed as hell.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

“Moot.”

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I actually think Baylor is going to take out OU—does this put them in?

Their one loss would be OU, which they led most of that game, and by my prediction, a loss that they then will vindicate.

If not, Baylor would get Sugar Bowl, OU would be pushed down, and we would really be pushed down.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  17. LAGA4

LAGA4 500+ Posts

All I know is take Bamas opponent in whatever bowl they play in.

They really don't want to be there.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I would like to see
    tosu vs Utah
    LSU vs Clemson

tosu vs LSU...that would be an excellent championship game.
    However if Utah won it all that would be cool
    Burrow wins the heisman

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. RainH2burntO

I would put a CCG winning 1 loss Baylor in at the 4 spot with LSU, Clemson, and Ohio State.
    If somehow Georgia beats LSU (unlikely) I'd begrudgingly put LSU and Georgia in with Ohio St. and Clemson.
    If LSU puts away UGA as expected and Utah can beat Oregon (I'd put that at 50/50) then I'd go 1 LSU, 2 Ohio St, 3 Clemson, and 4 to Utah unless Baylor wins then I'd jump them over Utah for the 4. And if OU beats Baylor then is where it gets tricky...Would be a real tough call between Utah and OU for the 4.
    My logic for differentiating between BU and OU in a vs Utah for the 4 is a CCG win by Baylor is redeeming only loss of season...slightly higher grade than OU with 1 loss, but I would still likely give 1 loss OU nod over 1 loss Utah as I view Big12 as stronger than Pac. Now, it will likely come down to which winner looks most impressive in CCG out of Baylor, OU, and Utah.
    ...for whatever its worth just my 2 pence

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  20. gahornphan

gahornphan 500+ Posts

‘Bama fans: “We would’ve won another National Championship if our quarterback didn’t get hurt.”

Texas fans: “Yeah, tell me about it.”

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  21. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

and 'Bama still has not beaten a ranked opponent.

• Hot Hot x 2
  22. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Has Clemson?

• Hot Hot x 2
  23. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

That’s that thing in front of castles....

• Funny Funny x 5
  24. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

the thing that irritated me the most was watching Waddle almost single handed destroy a very good defensive team. Waddle, from Houston.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

IDK, but they beat a tough aggy team!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  26. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

LOL!! I hope you're right, Rain. But Bama was put in a couple of seasons ago when they didn't play for the sec championship. That needs to change, a team that doesn't make their conference championship game is out, period. Lose the CCG and that team is out as well. Only conference winners. The mindset that if a team which finishes 10-3 but won their CCG is out is flawed. And the argument I've heard that "their fans don't travel well," is crap to. Then their is the argument that TV ratings will drop. I don't watch when two team from the same conference are put in, since one, by definition, should not be their as they are not conference champs. Also do away with the "ranking" system as it is not and strictly go to a power rating like in the pros and win-loss record, none of this "voting" BS. But, we all know none of that will happen unless fans get fed up and demand a different set up. th sec fans will most likely be against a change to the current set up. End of Rant.

• Winner Winner x 1
  27. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

.....and 'Bama still has not beaten a ranked opponent.

pretty common, that's the SEC schedule, don't play them all (Geo vs Aggie this year was first time they played since aggie joined the SEC) and have a better chance to win and be ranked. Lot of cream puffs on their schedules. I mentioned to a friend that Miss St was playing ACU; he said but what about Texas playing Rice....!! Not the same.

28. BurntOrangeLH

Auburn player made a first down and was down with 1 second on the clock. It was the correct call.

29. BurntOrangeLH

I think Baylor's non-conference patsies puts them behind Utah if they both win out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Why did they stop the game for probably a minute — with no timeouts left — to allow Auburn to run their FG team onto the field? Someone needs to show me that rule. Again, no timeouts, and no time for substitutions.