Now Clemens Starts to Try Discredit

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by eflow24, Feb 10, 2008.

1. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

Well, Clemens get his first piece of "evidence" in the fray. Clemens claims to have hard evidence, including video evidence that proves he was not at Conseco's party in 1998 that allegedly started it all.

2. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

so mcnamee is not to be trusted, but jose canseco should be?

3. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

He has Canseco and 2 other announcers saying he was playing golf at the time. Just contitnues to show what a joke the Mitchell Report is especially since Mitchell didn't even interview Canseco. Hell, you would think Mitchell would have at least verified McNamee's statements about the party.

4. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

5. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

6. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

7. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

8. Wonderboy

Wonderboy < 25 Posts

The Blue Jays were playing the Marlins and Canseco has a house in Miami. Sounds like he had some people over before they had to go to the ballpark. Wouldn't be that unusual.

9. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

I guess I have a different definition of a party, then. Sound like he just had some guys over.

And nobody remembers Clemens being there and apparently Canseco specifically remembers Clemens not being there. Allegedly. According to Clemens' lawyers.

10. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

If this is true then McNamee is in a pinch. If he swears up & down that he saw Clemens talking to Conseco at this party and it is proven that Clemens is not there, then where does he go from there?

I also agree that it is hard to trust anything Conseco says, but the tv announcers add credibility to the story.

I guarantee you that if I had to find a receipt from 1998 then I would be up a creek. I don't keep anything.

11. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

I am afraid Roger will go from inducted to indicted.

12. gasemitter

gasemitter 100+ Posts

My understanding is that Mitchell talked to Canseco before he talked to McNamee. Mitchell did not follow up with Canseco to confirm McNamee's story.

It woud seem that if the Mitchell Report was going to release names publically, then Sen. Mitchell might want to double check the information he was getting. But thats just me.

13. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

14. LagoHorn

LagoHorn 250+ Posts

Wouldn't it be something if Clemens does jail time but Bonds doesn't? I think that is pretty likely at this point.

15. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

Clemens isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, and Bonds has much better lawyers.

I continue to be astounded at how hard McNamee is trying to f**k over his "friend". You live in a guy's house and mooch off his lifestyle for years and then out him in the Mitchell report. I love the fact that he was still mooching off of Clemens on the day the Mitchell report was released. And now he makes a big show about wanting to sit next to Clemens at the hearing.

Clemens may be dumb and guilty as hell, but McNamee strikes me as being a first class prick. I wonder what the rest of the story is.

16. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

vacantly, I agree with your last line. Is Roger guilty? Possibly. Is Mcnamee a prick? Absolutely. What a rat. Saving needles for 7 years. Holy crap.

17. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

18. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Will it eventually be decided who is the biggest sleeze... Mitchell or McNa-Name_Me?

I can't decide who are the worst retards... the agencies, media and politicians involved (both in Europe and over here)... or the worms who haven't the balls to be an athlete but instead get around them and then end up a twisto in the head and feel they have to go after someone.

If this stuff is not sanctioned, the McName-Me is guilty for even having the stuff. If he got immunity to rat others out, then the operation is a total sleeze. "Hey, let's go find someone in the dealing, let them off scot free to go after the big fish, and have a grand time ******* over as many as we can"

The attitude behind these hearings and investigations is borderline the same as the thirst for power and the desire to f**k over others who have done you no harm. Check out what Persian rulers used to do to show off their power. No God, no law, nothing was above them.

This activity that's been going is about one thing: power of the government over the lives of the citizens. The thrill of having that power and using it. Take others down. And a good way to do it is to threaten others and gain allies. Mitchell preyed upon MacName-Me's fear and his buried jealousy of guys like Clemens.

This is a sorry time for America. Not because of performance enhancing products, but for the sleeze in fussing over it in this kind of spectacle.

If something is illegal as defined by clear statutes, then use the courts and systems of jurisdiction to make a case. But for gosh sakes, get the Kangaroo Kourt political trials out of it.

19. LightTheTower

LightTheTower 100+ Posts

20. TXHookem

TXHookem 1,000+ Posts