Obama's 'Non-Terror Policy'

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Wild Bill, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

J. R. Dunn says it better than I could:

2. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

As much as I want Obama to go away, the corpse of OBL would have to be applauded.

3. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

4. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

The "War on Terror" is distracting, bleeding and destroying this country.

Meanwhile, China [and much of Asia] is kicking our *** economically. Those countries are focusing on improving themselves and not distracted by chasing ghosts and "spreading democracy".

This country seems to be living largely in fear.

I don't know. Maybe I am off base here, but i think our reaction to terrorism and, i guess, 9/11 itself, has put this nation into a deep 10 year funk that shows no sign of receding.

If i may quote from the football board, have we lost our focusness?

5. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Maduro:
    We're just going to have to agree to disagree on that one. I believe you do whatever it takes to protect your country.

Yo:
    Good points. I also wonder if our war on terror (or whatever we call it now), has spent us so much economically that China is ROFLOL.

6. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

China has plenty issues of their own. Breathing for one.

7. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

8. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

In reply to:

9. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

10. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

11. FridayNiteLites

FridayNiteLites 500+ Posts

Khalid Sheik Mohammed also cooperated [​IMG]

12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Trip "In case you missed it, Admiral Mullen just testified to Congress that Underwear Bomber Umar Abdulmutallab has been cooperating with the FBI. "

Well Hmmmm, Really?

so did Gibbs lie when on Jan 24th on Fox he said
    "Gibbs: 'Right Decision' to Read Undie-Bomber His Rights
    White House press secretary Robert Gibbs on Sunday defended the decision to read alleged bomber Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab his Miranda rights after just 50 minutes of interrogation, saying that “FBI interrogators believe they got valuable intelligence and were able to get all that they could out of him.”

Chris Wallace asks if the bombe shouldn't have been intgerrogated further and Gibbs says no. FBO got all they coudl. ??? Really?
    If according to the White House we got all the intel we could WHY are we kissing this terrorist's butt now? have we given his parents a house in DC yet? we flew them here because they are so poor right adn there is nothing more he can tell us?.

Makes NO sense does it?
    let's see, interrogate him for 50 minutes, read him his rights, he clams up, announce you got all the intel you could out of him, 3 weeks later start giving him money and perks and
    VOILA, more intel.
    Dear Lord how stupid does the Obama Admin think people are?

13. IRC

IRC 1,000+ Posts

14. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

15. wewokahorn

wewokahorn 250+ Posts

16. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

17. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

6721 - That's some weak **** you're tossing. The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff told Congress just now that the underwear bomber is cooperating. What the WH press secretary said 2 weeks ago has no bearing on what is happening today.

FriLites - You obviously missed the story last week about the CIA agent who originally touted the intel obtained by waterboarding Khalid Sheik Mohammed admitted that what he said was fabricated.

CIA Man Retracts Claim on Waterboarding: The Link

You and 6721 are an embarrassment with your misguided support and wrong beliefs about the effects of torture.

18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

trip
    so which is it? That as Gibbs claimed the FBI got all they could out of the underwear bomber On Christmas Day
    OR
    that he has more to tell as McMullen is apparently spreading around now?

Both can't be telling the truth.So which is it?
    The only thing weak is the lies team Obama is spreading

19. FridayNiteLites

I guess I'll have to be an emabarrasment then. I want the government to do whatever it has to do to protect me and my family from terrorists. Torture included. Wiretapping overseas accounts, whatever.

20. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The Link

The five senior leaders of the U.S. intelligence community told a Senate panel Tuesday they are "certain" that terrorists will attempt another attack on the United States in the next three to six months.

The warning came during the annual threat briefing to Congress in response to questions from Sen. Dianne Feinstein, California Democrat and the chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, who asked, "What is the likelihood of another terrorist-attempted attack on the U.S homeland in the next three to six months? High or low?"

"An attempted attack, the priority is certain, I would say," said Director of National Intelligence Dennis C. Blair, a retired admiral. "

22. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

you say HIGH always. It would be political suicide to say LOW.

Should I be worried? my bunker is not finished yet.

Terrorists bore me.

23. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

6721 - this answers your question. Gibbs was accurate two weeks ago, and the chair of the Joint Chiefs is accurate today. The level of cooperation is what has changed over the past month since his arrest. The progress has been accomplished using tried and true techniques that are legal and uphold human decency: In reply to:

24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

trip
    come on
    I doubt you believe that crap. " Uh well we got it all EXCEPT for the part we didn't get.

If they are getting intel now then they didn't get it all Christmas Day as the White House said did they? One is lying. You can't spin it away

25. FridayNiteLites

So you really believe the CIA is not lying. No credible evidence has ever been given because of torture? I hate to call anyone naive, but that is just mindblowing to me. People talk under stress. The underwear bomber is talking, he's under stress. We aren't privy to what he's been subjected to.

26. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

27. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

At this point, it's clear that Republicans and the pro-torture crowd are wrong. They are wrong about torture and wrong about their criticism of Obama's approach in prosecuting this man in the criminal courts. Republicans' criticism being wrong isn't a matter of opinion, it's a matter of results.

28. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

29. FridayNiteLites

Maduro, I'm afraid the government already has that power, whether we ceded it to them or not. We won't find out about it till after the fact. Covert stuff and back room deals have been going on for a long time. The terrorists are playing hardball, and I don't want the government to play softball. None of us want a repeat of 9/11, or anything resembling that.

30. IRC

IRC 1,000+ Posts

Wow.

Torture this. Torture that.

Go to YouTube and Search for "Waterboarding"

There are hundreds of videos of people volunteering to be waterboarded.

Do a search for "Power Drill to the Eyeball", or "Fingernails ripped out", or "Car battery to the genitals" and see how many Volunteer Videos you find. (OK, maybe a few on that last one, I don't know.)

I understand that "every" single SEAL is waterboarded.

Power drill to the temple? Not so much.

I say that abortion is murder.
    You say waterbording is worse.

Wanna compare notes?