Objective comparison of the AM vs. tu classes

Discussion in 'Classics' started by Kevin Kubecheski, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Kevin Kubecheski

Kevin Kubecheski First Time Poster

Here is my objective analysis and comparison of the tu and A&M recruiting classes

I know I am an ag, but I can be objective because I have attended classes at both A&M and tu. In fact, I wanted to go to tu the whole time I was in high school. My entire family dating back to the 1800s went to tu, and all my brothers and sisters went to tu too. But then one time I was at a tu football game with my brother when I was in high school and I saw a tu fan act classless. It was at that moment that I realized that A&M was the place for me.

However, my father forced me to go to tu anyway, and it was only when I realized that everybody at tu was gay and/or a hippie, so I transferred to A&M. However, it is clear that I have some serious tu influences in my psychology, so I do not hate tu, and thus, I am qualified to make such an objective comparison.

Anyway, now that my credentials are on display, I will now continue my analysis...

Vincent Young... tall, great athlete, but simply not a qb. He is the product of a very Steve Spurrier-Like system that they run at Madison, and he puts up big numbers. However, he didn't enjoy nearly the same measure of success that Reggie McNeil did. Young will wind up at WR or possibly punter. Reggie McNeil has a serious chance to be the next John Elway. I am told that Gary Kubiak (Elway's long-time backup and former coach) said ths

tu also has some other highly touted WRs committed. Dustin whatever from Austin... an interesting commitment. The gurus don't seem to think much of him. I have seen him play, and he looks pretty good, but is not very fast and does not have very good hands. The kid from Illinois was not even offered by Michigan, if you can believe it. He is overrated because he is from Illinois, where they don't even play high school football anyway. I have seen him play, and even though they list him at 6'4" 190 and a 4.5, I would have to say that he is really more like 5'11" 160 and runs about a 4.7. Clint Haney is from Smithson Valley which is near New Braunfles. He gets a lot of press because he is from Smithson Valley, but I saw him play against New Braunfels, and I have to tell you... Aldo Delagarza really put the glove on him. Completely shut him down.

As far as the A&M WR commits go... L'Tydrick Riley is the best of the bunch. He was generally considered to be the best player in the country at any position until he committed to A&M. Then the anti-A&M, pro-gay media downgraded him significantly. But he is 6'4" (more like 6'7"), and he ran a 4.1 40 in the A&M hyper-elite camp. He reminds me of Shaquille O`Neal with Deion Sanders speed. Nick Rhodes also goes about 6'4" and runs in the 4.1-4.2 range. Major sleeper.

The A&M tight end recruits are probably the best in the country. This will be useful as we utilize the "swinging gate" formation, which requires 4-6 tight ends to be on the field at one time. I have seen them all play and they all remind me of Shannon Sharpe, only bigger. On the other hand, I have seen David Thomas play too, and he is too small for tight end and too slow for WR. Looks like a special teams player at best

I know that Rodrique Wright has a high ranking, but look at how fat he is! He is just bigger than everybody in high school. Plus he will have Fat Dog training him at tu. He will still be bigger than everybody, so he might get on the field, but he will be pushed around by finely tuned college athletes. Honestly speaking, even though brandon fails did not dominate in high school, he will be a much better college player. ive seen them both play

I've seen Larry Dibbles play before and he is way too small to play DL in college. Look at how big Ju Parks is. He will just plain overpower people. He is better than Larry Dibbles, IMHO, and so is Dennis Ellis, who I have also seen play. I've seen Marco Martin play before and he is a good athlete but he just doesnt care. He needs to shape up or he will never see the field

Our offensive linemen who are committed are probably the most underrated group in the country. Aldo Delagarza was going to go to Notre Dame, but his grades were too high, so he came to A&M instead. He was actually pencilled in to start as a true freshman, but the whole academic thing messed up the works. Taylor Schuster, Alex Kotzur, and Brandon Flannigan look to be in the mold of other great German linemen lke Karl Mecklenburg, Matt Stinchcomb, and Reggie Germany. I have seen them all play, and I will have to say that Alex Kotzur is a better player than Larry Allen of the Cowboys was at the same point in his career. I saw him play too

The tu offensive linemen are not bad. Much better than last years overrated class. Neal Tweedie could very well play before he graduates. Studdard is only rated highly because his dad was an NFL star and is really not that good. Plus he plays in Colorado, where they have only 3 high school football teams so the competition isn't that good. I really wanted Justin Blaylock, but RC did not have enough scholarships to give him an offer. Damn those scholarship limits.

Our linebackers are once again the best group of linebacker recruits in the country. At A&M, we are widely considered to be "Linebacker U", and we often have the 10 or so best linebackers in the country on our roster simultaneously. This year in recruiting looks to be even better, as it appears that each of our linebacker recruits is equal as the #1 linebacker in the country. As far as the tu linebackers go, I think Aaron Harris has a chance to be a player, but he is very raw. He is too fast and overruns plays all the time. This will hurt him in college. The rest of them are too slow just like tu linebackers all the time

What? No defensive backs? We have Brandon Leone, who looks to be in the mold of other fine Itallian defensive backs like Toya Jones, only better

Well, that's about it. tu looks like they're putting together a nice class, but I wouldn't trade the A&M class for it. The only player I really wanted was Blaylock, and even he is pretty fat, and I like Aldo Delagarza better anyway

Any thoughts?

Gig 'em and Hook 'em!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. rpongett

rpongett 100+ Posts

Outstanding analysis.

3. The Rock

The Rock < 25 Posts

the Rock says...

...wow...he's right on the money......but...I give the overall recruiting edge to atm because they did sign a place kicker...and it's been a long, long time since Texas has placed a good defense on the field...how many td's did Farris put up on us at collie field this year....it was an embarrasment to our defense......bring back mackovic....for DC atleast......one other thing.....farris wins the heisman this year barely beating out KK for it...but KK wins the davey o'brien award

4. LonghornScott

LonghornScott 25+ Posts

You had me until about the 3rd sentence. [​IMG]

5. bularry

bularry 250+ Posts

the stuff of genius. i just crack up whenever I see references to the swinging gate formation/play.

6. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

I think that Kevin has pretty much nailed this down.

I am particularly impressed by your objectivity, not to mention the fact that you must have alot of frequent flyer miles.

Us Horns will just have to do the best w/ who we get.

Kudos to Kevin Kryschevski!

7. BullSprig@Work

BullSprig@Work 25+ Posts

Great analysis.....

I bet that all that talent translates into 1 or 2 close losses to UT in the next 5 years.

8. hookemtr

hookemtr < 25 Posts

That was great. I think you cut and pasted it from texags.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HornDevil

HornDevil < 25 Posts

It's SO nice to have one reasonable gomer. Thanks for your objectivity, you don't know how much we appreciate it.

10. SizzleChest

SizzleChest 25+ Posts

TPE -you can't DO THAT on TELEVISION.

11. KaspaUT

KaspaUT 25+ Posts

classic...
    almost as classic as:
    "TE: Neither team wanted one, neither team got one.
    Advantage: A&M" (whatever)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. suttree

suttree 500+ Posts

How come TPE uses caps when he dons his KK alias?

This one is good, but last year's version on Texags.com was much better. I especially liked his analysis of the TE position, "neither team got a TE. Advantage, A&M."

I wish I had is archived, b/c the ag responses were classic.

13. Kevin,

Thanks for the report. We will never forget your great analysis of last year's classes:

TE: Neither team wanted one, neither team got one.
    Advantage: A&M

Actually, I a little disappointed you didn't go back to the old format.

14. Tank

Tank 100+ Posts

Damn, that is what I call a very objective POV. One of the funniest I've ever read... VY as our punter.... LMAO.

I admit, you got me.

VY our punter.... classic

15. K-Man

K-Man 250+ Posts

Obviously someone of your lineage (Uncle K at Duke) can look past the rivalry to make an honest assessment of talent.

It's nice to hear from someone who actually goes to see all these guys play.

16. BrazilHorn

BrazilHorn < 25 Posts

very nice.

Seemed like a standard A&M post for awhile.

Like it.

Pooooorr Aggies.

17. Earp

Earp < 25 Posts

I miss your posts on TexAgs.

18. 86Horn

86Horn 25+ Posts

Amazingly objective analysis. Hard to believe a gomer thought this up.

19. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy 25+ Posts

Why is this Aggie allowed to post this kind of propaganda here? Last time I checked this was a HORN Web site. There's no place for this kind of pro-A&M stuff -- Texas still has scholarships to give, and a potential recruit who reads this could be swayed to A&M!

20. Big Ring

Big Ring < 25 Posts

What, no kicker analysis.

A&M got one, tu none

Advantage A&M^2

Another allsome post Kevin.

21. Starter

Starter 25+ Posts

Toya Jones...that pretty damn funny!

22. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

Kevin,

From a purely objective standpoint, I was somewhat miffed that your analysis did not involve any kind of insightful forearm comparison of the two school's respective recruits.

Or is that simply the kind of classified, sensitive information that RC has asked Aggie insiders like yourself not to divulge?

23. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica 25+ Posts

Head coaches:

Neither team got a new one.

Advantage: A&M.

Stadium additions:

Neither team made any.

Advantage: A&M

Sleepers:

No doubts. You seen the forearms on RC's class?

Advantage:

HUGE A&M.

24. RagingBevo

RagingBevo < 25 Posts

ya know, the air seemed pretty clean at college station (definitely much cleaner than austin or houston) so you must be sniffing something. whatever, it is - STOP!! lol
    looks like a texas fan making fun of aggies.

25. Hill Country Horn

Hill Country Horn < 25 Posts

Great analysis, matches my thoughts exactly!!!

The sad thing is, this really isn't very far from reality.

HOOK'EM

26. Arnold Ziffel

Arnold Ziffel < 25 Posts

Why we no get Aldo?

That was the funniest thing I've read all day, and I read Aggie Websider.

27. KeepRC

KeepRC Guest

Finally a gomer with some objectivity. That early exposure to t.u. must have helped.

28. Hornswoggle

Hornswoggle First Time Poster

Do you have a newsletter or anything I could subscribe to? This is good stuff.

29. rpongett

rpongett 100+ Posts

30. hornalmighty

hornalmighty < 25 Posts

That's the best thing I've read in a while! Not counting our commitment threads of course!