Offense Muse. Have you ever...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by JohnnyBravo, Nov 17, 2013.

1. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo 250+ Posts

Have you ever been at a wedding when a lot of old people were out dancing and then the band starts to play a rock and roll number?

All the young ones get up and start dancing but there is still a great uncle and aunt who will stay on the dance floor and try to give it go. Kind of pathetic. Thankfully, however, they leave the floor when the second Rock song starts.

After watching Baylor/Tech game it dawned on me that sadly, our hurry up offense (and basically whole team) are the old farts on the dance floor.

Slow, jerky, out of beat, not really aware of how pathetic they are, dressed in finest traditional garb but behind the newest most fun styles, entertaining in a sad kind of way, but gets old and embarrassing for the family pretty quickly.

Yes, it seems to be time for old great uncle Mac to exit and let some young blood bring the new moves to the floor.

And poor cousin Maj... seems he just can't find the rhythm either.....

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I was tapping my foot to the phat beat of this post and then fell off the sofa.

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm sorry, what did I miss? You don't like our hurry-up offense? It allows us to drain 35 of the 40 seconds off the clock before we snap the ball.

Maybe I miss understood. I thought Major's hurry-up offense was called that because we were thinking hurry up and run clock so the other team has less time to score. Did I miss something?

4. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

I believe just before the season Mack said we would run a play every 7.5 seconds that would allow us to run 2 or 300 plays a game. This would allow us to have the ball the whole game except for the three and outs our defense would force. The opponents would not be able to score. I think the plan was to have all shutouts. Is there something I misunderstood?

Oh and Johnny. What is old? I resemble the dancing remark.

5. marley

marley 500+ Posts

Johnny,

At 55, you're old.

Were you describing yourself on that dance floor?

6. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

7. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I actually find old people dancing entertaining and think it's kind of cool, so I personally can't relate to the analogy. But then, unlike a lot of kids these days, I also have a lot of respect and admiration for the elderly.

8. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

We are running a HS offense PERIOD! From play calling to the execution. We are making some of the most basic plays look hard to execute. I left the game and later caught Baylor vs Tech on. That quick pass in the flat to Shipley only to see Mike Davis not able to block for a yard or two loss? Remember? Well it doesn't even look like the same play when Baylor does it as they get big gains from it consistently. We almost threw that pass for a pick twice.

We throw our first deep pass in the 3rd quarter. OSU crowded the line to stop the run and we throw short passes. The def is not even out of position if they are crowding the line and we throw short. I drives me crazy that we don't throw it past 10 yards. You have to throw deep even if incomplete to back them up some. That helps the running game and it helps the shorter passes.

I don't even want to get into the def because as bad as it was, it's still better than when Manny was running it. That's how far we've fallen. That we accept things just because it could be worse. We got to have changes. if the program doesn't make changes then the results won't change either.

9. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo 250+ Posts

10. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo 250+ Posts

11. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Old people dancing are awesome. Most dance to truly have fun and enjoy the song and dance. They are alkl smiles and think they are cutting a rug no matter what they look like to those around them. Most young people dance trying to look cool and hoping they dance well if others are watching. Under 40 now, but even when I was in 20's I always enjoyed watching old people dance. True happiness.

12. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Obviously you've never seen my uncle Sal twerk.

13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts