Official Spurs 2007-08 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by C-Man, Oct 30, 2007.

1. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

Let's seal the deal!

2. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

3. RO'Nealicus

RO'Nealicus 100+ Posts

Let's go Spurs!

DEFENSE! DEFENSE!

4. RO'Nealicus

RO'Nealicus 100+ Posts

Great acting job by CP3...almost Manu like except CP3 wasn't touched!

ARRIBA SPURS!

5. CaboWabo

CaboWabo 500+ Posts

That's what I'm ******* talking about. Bring on the Lakers! [​IMG]

6. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Whoooshaaaaa!! Great win Spurs.

Great call by Pop to leave Duncan in after picking up his 5th foul with 4+ min left. Clutch shot by Parker with 2+ min left to break the drought.

7. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

8. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

...and the beat goes on.

Go Spurs Go!

9. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

Easy win. Let's go Spurs. Bring on whoever's next. [​IMG]

10. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!! GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE SPURS ARE COOKING?! [​IMG]

12. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

8 down, 8 to go!

GO SPURS GO! [​IMG]

13. Sangre Orange

Sangre Orange 25+ Posts

14. Sangre Orange

Sangre Orange 25+ Posts

And for my 500th post --
    GO SPURS GO!!

BEAT LA.

15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

For all the "Spurs are floppers" stuff we've been hearing, Chris Paul looks like the top flopper of the playoffs so far.

16. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

Viva Los Spurs!!! All the way to the Championship!!!

GO SPURS GO!!! [​IMG]

17. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

The Spurs won at home to get back up off the mat. Win one tomorrow and even the series. Then its a best of three. Go Spurs Go!

18. RO'Nealicus

RO'Nealicus 100+ Posts

Well, now we need to win one to even have a chance to even it at home! Does VY play basketball?

ARRIBA SPURS!

19. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

20. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

Win tonight and we come back to SA 3-2 with a chance to tie it up!

Go Spurs Gooooo

21. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

Victory awaits! [​IMG]

22. Pitter09

Pitter09 250+ Posts

I'm proud of my Spurs.

The breathless attempts by the vapid haters to degrade their achievements over the past decade does nothing to remove the enjoyment I have received by rooting for and watching a complete class organization play the game like true professionals. Regardless of what happens in this series and the years to come, the Spurs have stood out as a model champion and model organization. Even Kobe talks about the Lakers trying to emulate what the Spurs represent. And it may just pay off for them.

I don't feel the need to defend this team to any degree. Only three franchises in NBA history have won more championships. Pop has the third most playoff victories in NBA history along with the 2nd highest playoff winning percentage of coaches all-time. For 10 years he has put a product on the court that is a contender. And he will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

I am amused by the debate about back-to-back championships. You know you have arrived as a premier franchise when this is the argument against your team. I think the "dynasty" tag debate is reasonable, as I don't consider us a dynasty. That term, as Pop says, should be reserved for the Celtics of the 60's... Lakers of the 80's, Bulls of the 90's. There have been no other dynasties. Not the Lakers 3-peat, and not the Spurs 4 in 9. They are simply one of the best franchises in NBA history and have provided a hell of a ride for fans like me. And they've done it with class and professionalism that is rare in pro sports today.

The hysterics will continue, usually from people who don't have a team to root for like the Spurs. They've earned their respect from the people that matter. And it ain't over yet. If they go on to lose to the Lakers, there will be next year. Does anyone think Pop and co. aren't capable of reloading in thext couple of seasons to make another run at it all? Check the track record.

The Spurs have been dominant for a decade. Teams have come and gone as contenders in this same period. They are the pinnacle of franchises in the NBA. And that ain't too shabby.

Go SPurs Go

23. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

Well said, well said.

Go Spurs Go.

24. CaboWabo

CaboWabo 500+ Posts

They looked and played like an old team this series. Getting to the WC finals was not too shabby, especially this year. I am rooting hard for the Pistons so the NBA doesn't get what it wants.

25. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

I guess your inference is that the NBA rigged the Lakers-Spurs and will do the same for the Celtics-Pistons. Kinda hard to see any evidence to support your position.The Lakers really outplayed the Spurs. Their 3rd quarters in the playoffs were really their downfall. Sorry, maybe they'll come back next year.

Hook'em!!![​IMG]

26. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

Good season, Spurs. Manu's injury, the age of the bench, and the quick turnarounds in the WCF did you in this year. Even so, you gave us plenty to cheer for. It's good to be a Spurs fan. [​IMG]

27. CaboWabo

CaboWabo 500+ Posts

28. Mitch Cumsteen

Mitch Cumsteen 250+ Posts

This was a great year and a great playoff run.

With a healthy Manu, there is no doubt in my mind that they beat the Lakers and whoever comes out of the east. He was a their best player all season, and he was a shell of himself in this series. They still need to get younger and more athletic and add some pieces in the off season, but they are going to be right in the thick of things again for the next 2-3 years.

Go Spurs Go

29. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

With Bynum coming back next year for the Lakers the Spurs need to get younger and have a much better bench to contend with them and the rest of the West.

30. orangesky

orangesky 25+ Posts

great season!

nothing to be ashamed of. this franchise has had many great moments. can't have them every year! but it was another great run and a great effort.

see ya next season!

GO SPURS GO!