Offseason Buy or Sell

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by El Sapo, May 22, 2018.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Sell because shut up about that!

Buy/sell: A freshman QB will burn his shirt this year

• Like Like x 5
  2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Buy (assuming obvious improvement from 2017). Texas cannot afford to pay its DC 2+ million, and the HC in Waiting didn't work so well last time.

Buy/Sell: LSU wins the SEC

3. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Buy. I think there will come a time when we need the mobility/strength for either Rising or Thompson as a foil to whichever QB between Sam/Shane is less healthy. My guess is that Buechele gets a minor injury or Sam gets a concussion and someone else will be forced to play at some point.

Sell. There will be slight improvement but not enough to overcome what they lost this offseason.

Buy or sell: We sell out a non-USC home game.

4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

BUY, BUY, BUY! otherwise season ticket sales next year will be down 40-50%

Sell, unless tragedy befalls Alabama, Auburn, UGA, Florida, and maybe Carolina.

Buy or sell: Rising rescues us against OU

5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Off topic aside: it would be glorious if Casey Thompson did it. You know why.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I almost put his name instead. I would love got that to happen. Imagine Charles & Switzer in our winning locker room after.

:hookem2:

7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Buy, I keep hearing that season ticket sales are on the rise. Unless that's side show hocus pocus I think that with some early victories the crowds will increase. Also, if CDC's game day atmosphere plans end up being cool then that will also help.

Buy or sell: A qb will pass for 2,200 yds this year.

8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Buy! Hudson Card.

B/S: Shane transfers after this season.

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Buy, Buy, Buy - I'm sure Leach's QB will top 2,000. as well as a few more around the country; unfortunately, NONE of them will be living in Austin,

:hookem2:

10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Sell. I think the notions/rumors about Shane being unhappy here are overblown.

11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Lol, I meant Texas qb.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LonghornCatholic

Interesting. I had no idea people were saying Shane is unhappy.
    I just figured if Sam is Herman's guy, Shane may think of transferring.

13. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

LOL it might have if the coach had left as planned.

Buy or sell: Texas starts the same starting O-line for half the games this season.

14. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Ooof... that's a tough one. From what I've read Herb Hand likes to train his guys at every position and I could see it taking a few games to work that out. Throw in an injury or two and this question feels like a coin flip. I'll buy but only out of optimism.

Buy or sell: Ed Orgeron is the LSU head coach at the start of the 2019 season.

15. LonghornCatholic

Do it luh lie he was lefoff. Baduhboujee!

• Like Like x 4
  16. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

:bow: No lie, I laughed for a minute straight. :bow:

• Like Like x 1
  17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Buy, particularly if he beats Bama and wins the conference.

Buy/Sell: Collin Johnson has over 1,000 yards receiving this year.

18. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sell - too many other receivers with skill sets to match CJ's. The first receiver who learns the route tree will be the one who gets the 1,000 yards.

Buy/Sell: The South End Zone gets completed before Texas wins another MNC.

19. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Sell. Need more top 4 or 5 recruiting classes for depth and seasons with 10 wins to get the confidence level up.

Buy/Sell: We beat OU, OSU and TCU this year.

20. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sell. I think two of three looks pretty good but certainly not a lock. I can't pick us beating TCU until we play a competitive game against TCU.

Buy/Sell: Kirk Johnson sees the field in 2018.

21. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Buy because I want to buy this so much.

Buy/sell: Kyle Porter is our best back this year.

• Like Like x 1
  22. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sorry, Dion, I know you're a Katy guy, but my money would be on Ingram.

Please define "completed" - if you're referring to the latest rendering, BUY! CdC can't let that money lay around or some educrat will start getting ideas about a new poetry lab and how to attach the Athletic Dept funds, not to mention the plaintiff lawyers licking their chops over the coming lawsuits over dismissals and related incidents.

If you're referring to the complete bowl, I'm not sure my grandkids won't be sitting in my seats before either happens.

23. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I know Ingram is special but do you think he starts over Carter, Young and Porter as a true freshman?

24. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Unless Herman pulls a Mack Brown in Fair Park, yes, I expect both him and Rising to start on October 14.

25. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Sell: I haven’t seen anything from him yet that would lead me to believe he will.

Buy/Sell: Our place kicking game (xtra pts, FGs) will be much better this season.

26. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

All of our backs were considered special before they got here. Its the OL folks.
    I don't expect Ingram to be "the one" to turn it all around.

Still, Sell. If our OL starts to make holes, all of our backs will look better but my money is on Carter being the one to break out in that case.

Buy. Rowland is starting to look like Janicowski. Lets hope he kicks like him.

B or S:
    Ball Protection + Forced TOs = we are top 5 in country in TO margin next year.

27. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Need clarification - good margin (more takeaways) or bad margin (more fumbles)?

28. LonghornCatholic

Thats a tough one. Our D will taketh away, but our still young O will giveth away. Sell.

B/S: This is the year we meet up with Aggy in a bowl game?

29. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 1
  30. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Sell. Don't know why
    Buy or Sell: Tre Watson 1000+ all purpose yards?
    B/S:1000+ rushing only yds?