Okie State tight end charged with felony (link)

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HuskerNKingwood, Jan 23, 2008.

1. I didn't see this posted over the last couple days, so I thought I'd do this now.
    The Link

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Hmm, how to say this, hmmm. I hope for his family and the um, program that this is a mistake. If not that proper discipline and punishment by both the judicial system and um, his "coach" who is a man and may still be 40, occurs.

I also hope that our team does not make a comeback on them in this issue or ever again.

3. SINCE73

SINCE73 250+ Posts

I'm just glad I can sit back & laugh @ both UT & OSU because OU hasn't had any players get busted for anything in a long, long, long time.

4. UTBob92

UTBob92 < 25 Posts

So ... Bomar & Co. don't count for nothing?

I hope you were just being sarcastic.

5. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Of course he was being sarcastic. That or he was being very drunk.

6. wright11

wright11 25+ Posts

wait, what's sarcastic?

7. LobWedgePhil

LobWedgePhil 100+ Posts

No OU players got busted for stealing before the Fiesta Bowl right? Laugh and laugh buddy, the tide will turn your way again.

8. SINCE73

SINCE73 250+ Posts

Of course it was sarcasm.
    I'll be keeping my fingers crossed all summer.

btw: he's the latest story on Pettigrew. What a retard!

walk softly & carry a big sheep

9. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

10. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

By the way, in case we were nervous about being compared to the "other UT", they had another player arrested this week. Two got busted last week with pot while showing a recruit from Oklahoma (coincidence?) the town. This week, the police were called out for a fight on campus and ended up arresting (I think) a defensive lineman.

11. Beamwalker

Beamwalker 250+ Posts

That is a nice start for OSU in the Fulmer cup. And it is only fitting that Tennessee gets some early points in their competition.

2008 Fulmer Cup Standings

Looks like #1 all time was Ellis T. Jones who now has his own award for granted for personal achievements. This guy might be the recipient of the Ellis T. Jones award this year. On a more depressing note, we are tied for 7th all time (well I think its only the past 2 or 3 years)

12. GhostOfTomJoad

GhostOfTomJoad 500+ Posts

Wow. My okie state buddy was just crowing the other day about Pettigrew coming back for his senior season rather than jumping to the NFL. And make no bones about it, he will be back. Gundy's got $300 million hanging over his head & needs to win now. If he's "man" enough to pull 4 schollies from verbals in order to sign JUCO players he's certainly going to let a cop puncher back on the team.

I also heard that okie state's plan to reseat all of the season ticket holders this year based upon $$$ contributions had to be scrapped. There was too much of an uproar after yet another mediocre season (which for the 'pokes is actually a stellar season historically) and Holder & Co. were worried the # of season tix would drop, meaning they'd dedicate their newly renovated stadium to less than 50% capacity.