Oklahoman= 10 Hypeman Trophy Votes. Texas papers=

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by That's Right, Dec 10, 2008.

1. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

13 votes.

Awesome

Tulsa World has 6 votes

Houston Chronicle gets3 votes
    Dallas Morning News gets 4 votes
    San Antonio Express News gets 2 votes
    Austin-American Statesman gets 4 votes
    13 votes in all for the Big 4

And who knows who the DMN guys will vote for? They could all vote for Sammy.

[​IMG]

2. TSIP4LIFE

TSIP4LIFE 250+ Posts

can I cast a vote for OJ..

3. TexasPelea

TexasPelea 100+ Posts

Someone explain how the freaking Tulsa World has more votes than any of the Texas papers.

4. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

If I remember correctly, Austin's Kirk Bohls did not vote Vince Young first in his ballot. Maybe he will decide Colt is the best and not vote for Sam. But then again..........

5. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Harrell and Colt will split the Texas vote. Bradford will pick up most all of the jokelahoma votes.

Colt deserves the Heisman. He was the best this year. Did more with less talent than either Bradford or Tebow.

6. kmac30

kmac30 500+ Posts

does trev alberts still work for espn? thought he was with cstv? how accurate is this site?

7. MGS

MGS 500+ Posts

You forgot the Star-Telegram's two votes.

8. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

Yea, they should split the "regional" votes based on the same percentages as congress does.

9. badandi

badandi 100+ Posts

For all those complaining about Bohls, he said during today's Statesman chat that his ballot was: Colt, Bradford, Harrell

10. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

And I think the Big Lake Wildcat gets half a vote.

11. Pericles

Pericles 1,000+ Posts

The very definition of a sooner.

Taking what they didn't earn . . .

12. ths71

ths71 100+ Posts

13. HornInCanton

HornInCanton 250+ Posts

I hate OU. I hate their overrated, cross-eyed QB too. That dude is the ugliest sumbitch I have ever seen. He's not fat or anything, and I can't put my finger on why, but every time I look at him, I want to vomit. Does anyone else have that same experience?

14. Xcalibur

Xcalibur 250+ Posts

I know what you mean. He looks like he has Down's Syndrome. Of course, Jason White looked like he had Down's too. v [​IMG] v

15. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

How the hell does the OKC paper get 10 votes but the paper in the nation's 4th largest city only gets 3 votes?!?!

16. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

The second-place ballots may push McCoy over the other two guys. A lot of voters will put either Tebow or Bradford #1, but I'm betting most of those will have Colt #2.

17. iLoVeLoNgHoRnS

iLoVeLoNgHoRnS 100+ Posts

I want to have a vote.
    How do I obtain the necessary qualifications?
    Heck, I want to have 5 votes.

My ballot would look, as follows:
    1. Colt

[​IMG]

18. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I don't know if this is the answer, but the Dallas Morning News has had 2 -3 writers leave that had votes in the past. I don't know if that paper has always had "4 votes" that they have now or if they had more at one time before some writers left. Chip Brown and Steve Richardson are no longer with the DMN for example.

19. gkp

gkp 500+ Posts

This web site only lists the names of voters they KNOW about. They do not have a definitive list of all voters. Not every voter makes themselves public or their vote. The DAC does not. There are 900+ voters. Stiffarm compiles votes made public and extrapolates from there. Right now they have 180 ballot results, about a fifth of the total.

20. Graeme

Graeme 25+ Posts

Andrea Cohen of the Oklahoman voted McCoy #1 as well as John Shinn from the Norman Transcript. The OK writers may not be as biased as you all believe.