On the bright side...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by chango, Nov 25, 2010.

1. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

We may be suffering through the last quarter and a half that we'll ever have to put up with Greg Davis.

2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Not gonna happen I'm afraid. Get ready for a ton of comments from Mack about how Greg Davis can right the ship blah blah blah. [​IMG]

3. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

4. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

And whose going to fix the D? I have no faith in Boom at this point when we can't even get safeties to line up correctly and stay in containment. GD is gone thankfully. Boom better get this fixed next year or I'd ride him out as well. Outside of Acho, this D is pathetic.

5. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

it is NOT going to happen...not with the success they have had...regardless of this year...

6. Santafe

Santafe 500+ Posts

It wouldn't surprise me if Boom leaves before next season. If GD doesn't leave, Mack needs therapy.

7. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Moral to Story never Hire your best friend to work for you, Ever.

8. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Too bad Muschamp's defense is ******* horrible too. Or we might have gotten our wish.

9. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Davis may not be a good play caller, but he takes a lot of flack for being too conservative. That should be shared with the HC, imo.

10. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

11. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

I guess it was Greg Davis fault that Texas offense turned the ball over twice inside the 15.....ummm, I mean Gilbert.

12. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Stop trying to be logical, l00p. The mob is angry and needs a sacrifice.

13. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo 250+ Posts

Gee 100p what was that... 20 years ago? Think relationships change.... thanks for the history though.

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

"conservative" is far from our only offensive coaching problem.

Coming out with 2-TE sets for about 40% of our plays this game was our problem.

Running the option twice when it's been a horrible play for us all year was our problem.

Playing Chiles and Goodwin way more than Davis was our problem.

Calling fade routes to our shortest WR has been our problem all year although we finally avoided that one against A&M at least.

Formations that tip off the play call are our problem - RB always runs to the side you expect, 2 RB shotgun sets are always passes, etc.

Not using Gilbert as a running threat at all, not even one single draw or bootleg run, was our problem (reminded me of Ohio State when Colt had been running well all year with 4-5 called runs a game, then we only called 1 for him against the Buckeyes. It scored a TD, so we never called any more. Came about 2 inches away from costing us the game.)

15. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

On the bright side . . . it's over at last.