Online math courses?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Hellraiser97, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Hellraiser97

Hellraiser97 500+ Posts

OK, it's been 14 years since I took a math class in a formal setting. I tested out of 408C at UT, and then ended up with a D in 408D. I learned a bunch of Linear Algebra on the job and I use probability analysis daily.

But that doesn't matter, the Computational Finance program I am looking at wants grades in Calc I & II, Linear Algebra, Diff Eq and a probability based Calc course.

Since I don't really want to pay too much for these courses, my plan is such:

1) refresh my Calc I
    2) Retake 408D via UT Extension
    3) Take Linear Algebra via UT Extension.

That will be good. It won't erase my D in 408D the first time, but it shows up on the transcript just as if I took the class on campus, which is nice. And it will cost under a grand.

However, that leaves me with two classes to go. And UT Extension doesn't offer them.

So, anyone have any ideas where I could do these online? I prefer somewhere reputable (Preferably some school that, like UT, reports it the same way as a normal class).

I could try to take them as non-degree seeking from NYU or Columbia, but not sure how hard that would be to arrange or how much it would cost (I'm betting not cheap).

So anyone else have any bright ideas?