Oomer Schooner tips over

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by live&die40acres, Sep 16, 2009.

1. live&die40acres

live&die40acres 100+ Posts

Anyone have a pic/video of when this happened? It was on Best Damn but I haven't been able to find it with Google or YouTube.

2. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

I was in OKC on business that weekend and went to the game with a client. Colorado put a serious beat down on them. In that game when the Chuck Wagon tipped and sent people flying, Cale Gundy got slammed down on that concrete turf that they had and was out for several minutes. I think that they played two more home games that year and then began the installation of the grass field ASAP. Anyone who ever played on the Astro-turf of that era knows what crap it was. It wasn't simply the hits that those guys took, it was the landing that tore their bodies up. Earl wouldn't be in the shape he is in now if he had never had to play a game on that crap.

3. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

Actually that thing has flipped more than once. One time the young lady on board had neglected her undies and mooned the TV auidence.

Agree about that horrid turf. If you want to know what it was like. Toss a throw rug down on your driveway and do a belly flop.

4. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

It got stuck in the mud once in the Orange Bowl and cost ou 15 yards didn't it?

5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I know it once cost them 15 yards for running out onto the field on a play OU didn't score on - I think they had a TD but it was called back by a penalty, and then the Schooner tacked on 15 extra yards to that.