OSU at Texas

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Wishbonemac, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

I've been to a number of sporting events in Lubbock so the reported behavior of uber-fan Jeff Orr last night wasn't much of a surprise-to me at least. That's not how "good fans" behave, IMO.

I know the Cowboys team and fans are embarrassed by recent bad behaviors and I know we're smarting from our beatdown.

I'm predicting 10K or more fans at Frank's Place Tuesday which should be enough to motivate the team to eek out a tight win.

All eyes will be on the game so lets make sure we're even classier than usual.
    Maybe thank Coach Barnes for "the ones that got away"

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

OSU is stumbling but have no doubt they will regroup and come ready to play.
    Barnes better have us laser focused. [​IMG]

3. NorthernNJHorn

NorthernNJHorn 100+ Posts

OSU is without their starting PG (Smart) and reserve PG (Clark). I don't know who their 3rd string PG is or whether ball handling will be shared by committee, but it bodes well for us tonight. I'm calling a lopsided victory tonight with or without the service of Jonathan Holmes. It's just hard to run an offense without a reliable PG.

4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

No surprise that it involved Tech fans, but really, which teams don't have fans that say that same stuff to players?

Remember when we played OSU and TJ Ford dove into the stands saving a loose ball, and the fan that he (completely inadvertently) landed on jumped him as he was trying to get up and get back to the court?

5. HornTYS

HornTYS 100+ Posts

TJ knocked his pregnant wife down...inadvertently, obviously. James Thomas brought the heat.

Royal Ivey, took the guy down and James Thomas comes flying in and blasts the guy.

I can't remember if anything came of that incident..

6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

NJ called it.
    I actually thought OSU would come together after the Tech episode.

Happy to be wrong [​IMG]

7. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

Good win for the Horns and yes, it was a beat down. [​IMG]

8. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

What a mental rebound from a beat down. I loved it!

[​IMG]

10. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!