OSU versus Texas Tech

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Valmy77, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

OSU vs. Texas Tech will be played at 7PM in Lubbock. Another night home game for Tech.

That does not bode well for either team in orange.

2. This one's a bit different though. Tech goes from playing their biggest game in school history, to a team that IMO is the most balanced team (offense, defense, special teams) in that murderous division.

I'd say Tech might be in trouble here. There's no way in HELL they'll be as wired for OK State as they were for Texas.

3. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Go Pokes!!!

4. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

It'll probably be coin flip just like Saturday game.

5. Bytor

Bytor 100+ Posts

The Tech fan I work with is hardly even acknowledging OSU. He's already chalking it up as a win.

Of course, he didn't watch OSU play us or Mizzou.

6. The Legend#4

The Legend#4 25+ Posts

It took everything Tech had to win against us. There is no way they bring the same intensity they had for our game. I don't know any team that could be that pumped in back to back weeks. I never thought I would be rooting for Oklahoma teams and LSU but I will be for the next few weeks.

8. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

I doubt tech will start with a safety and a field goal as they did against us, which by the way was the difference in the game. OSU will be ready to start the game from the opening kick off.

I wish we would be so lucky to have a team prepared before the game starts.

9. GoHornsGo90

GoHornsGo90 1,000+ Posts

OSU will handle them, they are just a better team. Tech will be cocky as usual and not in the atmosphere of the same emotional mind frame. Kendall Hunter will rip them apart.

10. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

After seeing us play OSU I chalked up OSU beating Tech. I was unsure of how we would do against Tech and unfortunately it didn't work out for us.

I will be surprised if OSU loses to Tech though. When we ran at Tech (and not around) they gave up yards. Come to think of it that would have been a good time for some play action or a flea flicker. Tech is now going to be tasked with a quicker quarterback and a brutal ground game. I expect Dez Bryant and Pettigrew to do some cool stuff too.

I really don't see Tech winning this game. We saw a jacked up Tech team take on an injured, depleted and deflated UT team coming off their toughest stretch of games and iron out a last second victory.

Excuses I know, but OSU's ground game can't be talked about enough. I was deflated after UT's loss but in the back of my mind knew it could be expected to a degree, I will be absolutely shocked if OSU loses to Tech.

I think OSU knows their goal now is the BCS and they can get themselves there if they win out.

11. Scooter

Scooter 250+ Posts

I'm concerned that Tech will pick apart the OSU defense. OSU gave up 362 total yards against Iowa State and they gave up 319 kickoff return yards. [​IMG]

12. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, all the Techsters at work here are talking about beating OU in Norman and making reservations for the CSG in KC. "Ya'll beat em in Dallas, so we'll kill them in Norman worse that we killed you." was the comment. None have even mentioned OSU and Dez Bryany or running back Kendle(sp?). A couple seem to believe that the season's over and they are off to the MNC to play Alabama.

I think they may squeak by OSU but OU is a different story. Especially in Norman. That's a tough place to win even when OU is having a bad year.

So we'll see.

13. Lidig8r

Lidig8r 250+ Posts

Here's hoping we here that ridiculous merry go round ditty the OSU band plays after they score a touchdown numerous times on Sat night.

14. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

OSU matches up much better with Tech than we do. Kendall Hunter should go for 150+.

Go Pokes.

15. GoHornsGo90

GoHornsGo90 1,000+ Posts

Of all the delusional things that you mentioned about the Tech posters, the most so is about seing Bama in the ship. If you think they are going you are an absolute idiot.

16. GoHornsGo90

GoHornsGo90 1,000+ Posts

Of all the delusional things that you mentioned about the Tech posters, the most so is about seeing Bama in the ship. If you think they are going you are an absolute idiot.

18. austintex

austintex 500+ Posts

19. Bytor

Bytor 100+ Posts

Also, how in the world Tech can prepare for back to back TE's like Pettigrew and Gresham?

Does Tech even have a TE on the roster?

20. malageno

malageno 25+ Posts

I don't know how Tech will compete with Okie State at home on a Saturday night. They played UT close and will for sure beat Tech. I am sure Leach cannot sleep this weak due to nightmares
    [​IMG]

21. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

That hand thing OSU fans do is supposed to be a rope or lasso twirling that a cowboy does or some such. It's comical and as bad as KU's waving wheat.

If Alabama makes the MNC getting past Florida, I'd be shocked.

22. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

WE had four of the toughest games I can remember and we finally ran out of steam in week four. It will be interesting to see how Tech sustains te momentum.

23. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

A week ago I thought OSU would win this one but after watching the tech defense Saturday you have to give the Raiders the edge especially at home.

24. Stormspencer

Stormspencer 100+ Posts

25. The Big Unit

The Big Unit 100+ Posts

The Tech fans may be dilusional and overlooking OSU but I doubt Mike Leach is. That's all that matters. I'm nervous as hell about this game. If OSU loses our chances of making it to KC diminish greatly.

26. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

There is no way Tech plays that good 2 weeks in a row and no way OSU starts off as bad as Texas did. Not going to happen. This one could be a close one/tight one in the start...then...who ever has the ball last kind of game.

[​IMG]

27. LonghornCougar

LonghornCougar 1,000+ Posts

OSU will do what we weren't able to, run the ball and control the clock/tempo.

Kendall Hunter goes for 150 and OSU owns in time of possession.

Close game, but OSU pulls it out.

[​IMG]

28. Esmack

Esmack 250+ Posts

Prodigy, if he rushes for 150+, OSU will dominate TOP, the line of scrimmage, and the scoreboard.

I hope you are right.

29. malageno

malageno 25+ Posts

Tech can play much better than they did on Saturday night. Their offense was in a funk for a stretch and they made too many mistakes and penalties in the red zone. They left a lot of points on the table.

Okie State is a good team and offensively they are explosive but I do not think they can stop Tech's offense. I think they make some mistakes and that is the difference in the ball game. Tech has a pretty good rivalry going with Okie Light and so I don't think the team will overlook them.

30. bartttu

bartttu < 25 Posts

Most of the Tech fans are quite aware that Okie state is going to be a tough team to beat on Saturday night. I realize most believe we won't be able to get up for them, but a lot of our players haven't forgotten the way last year's game in Stillwater ended.

Statistically, it's a good match up. The horns struggled to beat them at home, so if we struggle, but still beat them, it's not any different than what the horns went through against them.

Okie state did beat Missouri, but after hearing that Missouri struggled to beat Baylor, I'm not sure how much of an indicator that win is. Okie state did beat up on iowa state, but so did baylor, so you have to take that win with a grain of salt.

The game is in Lubbock-a place where okie state hasn't won since the 40's. They are a very blalanced team, but we can play a physical game (just ask Colt).

People have been saying for a month that there was no way we could win against the teams we've played. I guess, if people continue to pick us to lose, they'll eventually be right.