OT Jean Delance (Feb 28)(Jan 2 COMMIT)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  2. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Welcome to Texas, John! Proud to have you in the Longhorn family! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 2
  3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

:hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Both Jefferson and fellow offensive line pledge Imade recruited him hard --

“I saw Malik before I came up here (to Orlando). He pushed for me. He told me about the future. They had three freshman All-Americans, so obviously it’s not a lie. Tope pushed hard for me too. I’m excited to play with him.”

“My main targets are Jeff (McCulloch), Dontavious (Jackson), Eric Cuffee, Brandon Jones and (Devwah) Whaley. My pitch is that we can all play as true freshmen and make an immediate impact while we stay in-state and take care of business. I’m excited. We are going to make up some ground at the end with some big four- and five-star commitments.”

• Like Like x 7
  6. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Congratulations and welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Like Like x 1
  8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

It wouldn't surprise me if he gets a lot of playing time from the very start.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

“When you talk about a mild mannered and respectable kid, that’s Jean,” said North Mesquite head coach Mike Robinson. “Those are the expectations that are laid out in the house. When you meet his mom and grandma, you realize why he’s that way. He’s going to be successful just because of the expectations and how he’s being raised.”

There is no doubt Delance can make an immediate impact at Texas, but Robinson says there is still room to improve.

“He just has to work on the little things,” Robinson said. “He’s a dominant pass and run blocker.”

Robinson said he tries not to get too involved in Delance’s recruitment, but he is a fan of what Charlie Strong and company are trying to accomplish on the Forty Acres.

“I’ve stopped by, and it looks like they’re doing the right thing,” Robinson said. “I saw no earrings and no hats. When you can get the little things right like that, the other things are going to come. When you have a team that’s disciplined and on the same page, you’ll win games, so I really like what Coach Strong and his staff are doing.”

[Full Horns247 article]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  11. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

"Interesting" interview on several levels....

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Who else is he referring to, Cuffee?

• Like Like x 1
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Momma looked really happy when he pulled out the Texas hat, like maybe he would change his mind.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

He said 2 others. Likely Cuffee and McCullough.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

I'm thinkin' (hopin') DJax and Shark.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Not looking so great on DJax

17. arieshorn

arieshorn 1,000+ Posts

Welcome to the 40 acres Jean!

:bounce1::bounce2::yippee::texasflag::bevo::hookem:

18. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

:hookem2::hookem2: Love it. Mom's look and reaction when pulled out the Texas hat was great!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 3
  20. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per TFB:
    Texas OT commit Jean Delance is Texas’ newest commitment and has put his recruiter hat on since he made his commitment last Saturday. Delance has been in contact with quite a few of Texas’ top remaining targets and plans to continue to recruit them next weekend when he and so many other recruits officially visit Texas on January 15th.

Delance tells us he is confident most of his targets will join him in Austin at the end of the day. I thought you all would like to hear that.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  22. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I never had a good vibe about Wickline. Looks like some recruits felt the same.

23. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Agree; he just never seemed to fit in.

24. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Preach it Jean.

• Like Like x 4
  25. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

No drama around this guy signing with Texas.

• Like Like x 3
  26. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

That's right, and that's the way I like it!

27. StructureDude

StructureDude 100+ Posts

Last thing I heard was that there was some issue and his LOI never made it in. Anyone know if he's official yet? It may just be a busted fax machine but it made me nervous.

28. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

From Strong's presser, evidently Delance pulled a trick on some of the UT players to make them think he was switching to A&M. My information is that he signed with UT.