Other games of interest

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BALL IS LIFE, Dec 6, 2020.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

She's horrible! Always has been.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I don't get why WCBB feels it has to put some officials on a pedestal. Overall this sport has THE VERY WORST officiating I've ever seen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Watching all the conference tournaments shines a light on what a lot of us have spoken to... the successful teams have capable players in the post with decent rim protection and rebounding, the team defense is good, and the most important thing is their superior guard play.

That said, the Ags look pretty damn good...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I don’t know what it is but the officials in wbb seem star struck by the big name coaches. They might as well bow down to KM before games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

The Ags amaze me. Every time I see them play I say to myself this team isn’t that talented and they always find a way to win. I also wonder if Chennedy leaving made them a better team as far as chemistry goes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

I don’t think it’s just KM. I think it’s an energetic presence thing. You see it with all the most successful coaches..... They each reflect that presence in different ways. KM is one of the whiners, but there are others.....

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Most of the great coaches work the officials pretty excessively. One of the reasons I admire Tara so much is that she's not near as bad as the rest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

And they shoot free throws at a high percentage.:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Nell has her Ga Tech team playing well. Hopefully they can keep it going after halftime adjustments are made.

10. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

UGA ahead of the Ags with four minutes left. 65-57

• Like Like x 1
  11. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

UGA with the upset over the Ags... Dawgs looked good! Happy for Joni Taylor although I'm very fond of Coach Blair.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Have to disagree on Dee K...I think she is one of the best in the business...you don’t rise to NBA level or NCAA Final Four level if you are not good....

13. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Referees don't have an easy job, granted. I'd say Dee is better than most but Napier is horrible! Funny though, I can't recall any men's games where the commentators call the officials by name repeatedly. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, obviously I haven't seen every game that's ever been played. I just don't recall hearing it.

Point being that the recognition given to WCBB officials is excessive. That's not limited to the aforementioned females either, because we've heard Yarbrough and Bruton mentioned countless times also. The fact that we can sit here call out the names of officials by memory is proof IMO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1