Other Rick puts his foot in his mouth

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by dheiman, Mar 23, 2012.

1. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

Well you can count Santorum out of the race. It was likely inevitable anyway but he made the decision clear with a bone headed comment yesterday.

I still haven't made up my mind for the primary yet but this sure helps.

Stupid comment

2. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

There are some true conservatives that I respect that feel exactly the same way. Nominating or electing a liberal Republican will do more harm than good in the long term, so we might as well give it back to Obama. I have to disagree because of the Supreme Court, the National Debt, and so many other ramifications.

3. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Romney's response was something along the lines of: "I think Rick has lost sight of the fact that this election is not about him." And he's right - and many hard-core conservatives need to remember that as well. The all-or-nothing route plays well on the radio but it doesn't work in our political system, and people need to get over it and get that it can't be their guy or nothing.

The reality is that Santorum's comment is another example that is textbook from a bunch of mediocre candidates being pushed to the brink by an extended primary season. They need to take a step back and at least PRETEND to be civil like they were doing for some of the early weeks of the primary.

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

5. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Maybe but we would dived in head first with Kyoto and completely wrecked our economy, so the point is moot.

6. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

7. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Dheiman,

Ron Paul will make more than a dent, he will reduce the debt, unless the Congress and Senate try to stop him. But he will at least try, which is more than I can say about Romney or Obama.

8. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

9. HammerOfTheHorns

HammerOfTheHorns 100+ Posts

As this stage of the game, the question to me is will Paul get to speak at the convention or not? It's the most for which his supporters can realistically hope.

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

11. PhantomHorn

PhantomHorn 1,000+ Posts

It would of been interesting to speculate how a President Gore would of responded to 911.

12. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

13. PhantomHorn

PhantomHorn 1,000+ Posts

Husker,

I was thinking the same thing. Gore probably would of acted in the same manner as Clinton did in the Cole bombings and the attacks in Kenya. He would of treated it as a law enforcement issue instead of a hostile foreign attack.

14. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

Both full of **** and you know it. Gore would have done exactly what Bush did --except we would not have had a completely unnecessary war in Iraq that went on for 10 years, killing thousands for nothing.

15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

16. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I still remember Hillary doing her own investigation into the situation, resulting in her approval of the invasion.

17. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

A liberal, a conservative, and a moderate walk into a bar. The bartender says "Hi, Mitt!"