Our next win will come in?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by #2is#1, Oct 4, 2014.

1. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

October, November, or 2015?

2. Pericles

Pericles 1,000+ Posts

Texas wins one more game this year, or else this entire coaching staff (other than Bedford) should be canned.

I imagine Red McCombs would gladly pick up the buyouts.

Oh . . . , also hire Oliver Luck to replace the Michigan-emulating horrible AD hire who:

1. Canceled the annual football banquet.

2. Canceled the Longhorn Clubs.

3. Rented out the Champion Club tent space to a beer distributorship.

4. Limits walk-ons to one meal a day.

5. Cancelled LASP.

6. Reportedly dug the Grand Canyon looking for a nickle.

7. Has an empty cavity where his heart is supposed to be.

Here's Where He's Taking Texas

3. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

4. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

"The Big Ticket (replaces Longhorn All-Sports Package). Beginning in 2014-15, the Longhorn All-Sports Package (or LASP) is being replaced by a unique, exclusive student ticket package offer—The Big Ticket. The Big Ticket is a single purchase, all-event ticket that buys a reserved seat to every Texas Football home game—and a simple, general admission access pass to every other UT sports regular-season home event. The Big Ticket is tied directly to the student's valid UT ID; general admission seating requires only a scan. Students may purchase The Big Ticket on TexasSports.com for $175 (full-season package), and $100 for spring only, plus a $20 one-time transaction fee."

Can you remind me how that's different than the LASP?
    The Link

5. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

The Big Ticket is not the same. With the LASP, a student could buy an $80 sports pass that gave them admission to all home athletics events except for football (they would have to draw tickets) and basketball (they would have to do the wristband thing). For other sports (baseball) they could just walk up, have their student id scanned to confirm they were a LASP holder, and go into the baseball game (or any non football/basketball event). If a student wanted a reserved football seat, they would pay an additional $70.

So $150 for reserved football seat plus admission to everything else. $80 for a football ticket in the student draw plus admission to everything else .

Now it's $175 for admission to everything plus you have to get a reserved football ticket. If a student wanted to get an lasp without a reserved ticket b/c he wants to sit with family on the west side of DKR without drawing a ticket (so the drawn ticket can be given to another student or resold to the public) that can no longer be done. If a student just wants to go to soccer and volleyball games in the fall, instead of $80, they have to pay $175 and get a football ticket they will not use. Even if someone just wants an LASP for baseball they have to pay $100 for spring only instead of $80 which included fall sports.

Overall the package increased by $25 for someone wanting everything.

We are not hurting for money. There is no need to screw the students or raise the student ticket prices at all. I was initially happy with the Patterson hire but these policies have me troubled. Almost seems like he is trying to price students out of games, or at least the poor students.

For the past 6 years prior to this one, ut never had to extend the reserved ticket deadline. This year student ticket sales plummeted. Most students were not here for the good times, have no attachment to Mack Brown, and were extremely excited for Charlie Strong. Student ticket sales plummeted because the price went up. Taking away the $80.00 draw option priced students out of games.

Texas makes plenty of $ elsewhere. The priority should be to get as many students as possible in the seats to make DKR as rowdy as possible. Pricing students out of tickets does not accomplish that.

6. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

my guess/hope is November.
    I say bring back Michael J Fox as Alec P Keaton circa 1986.
    I think that would be a good year for our current administration. That is where we are at as a coaching staff, 1986. run tough and play tough defense. that will win.
    Yeah it will, 4 times a year.