Overshown?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Sangre Naranjada, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Talk on the radio all day is that Overshown sustained an injury but I have not heard anything about the type or the severity. Anybody here have info?

2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

There was some pretty serious Twitter buzz about it yesterday. But it was mostly "thoughts and prayers" stuff from other players and friends. Didn't see what the injury was or its severity.

3. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

I read he has a torn labrum and will need surgery

did not say whether hip or shoulder

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

OUCH!! That can be serious requiring surgery to not so serious needing to rest it. Was is a labral hip or shoulder injury?

5. Sheldon Cooper

Sheldon Cooper 100+ Posts

He doesn't seem to be too worried about it. The tweets I saw from him are pretty positive.

• Like Like x 1
  6. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

If only there were a song we could send him a recording of, letting him know Longhorn Nation is here thinking about him and hoping for his speedy recovery....oh wait

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  7. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Good Lord.
    Does this consume your entire brain?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

The Eyes are part of the body.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Does it have to infiltrate every thread?

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

Must be important if it keeps coming up huh?

11. zuckercanyon

I know I’m a nut, Moon, but sometimes I can’t help sticking the needle in when I think it’s funny. As in “that’s funny I don’t care who u are”.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Moon, while certainly it doesn’t have to, it’s the biggest elephant in the room that I can ever remember associated with the football program.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I have no idea what the Moon comments are, but I had to smile.
    I just ignored Moon and glad I’m not part of his zany whimsical arrogant and often off topic weak shock jock comments.

• Like Like x 1
  14. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

Do not think you can escape them, at night or early in the morn...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  15. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Evidently.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

"cancel culture" at work. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. zuckercanyon

Moon, you're a good sport! Hook 'em!

• Like Like x 1
  18. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Rumor is torn right shoulder labrum. Repetitive motion injury from lifting of Black Power fist. JK.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. zuckercanyon

Bwahahahahahahahaha

20. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

well...Gabriel has not blown his horn, which means the Eyes ARE upon you...

That would seem to necessarily implicate each and every thread...

• Like Like x 2
  21. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I'm not one to make light of a kid who's injured himself and needed surgery.

These guys are ours. I don't treat family like an enemy. I fight with them and disagree, but I don't treat them like an enemy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. zuckercanyon

Would you like some cheese with that whine? Lighten up, Francis.

• poop poop x 1
  23. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Perhaps if/when your family starts treating you like an enemy, you'll have a different perspective.

24. zuckercanyon

Ok, Moon, ok.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Wish that young man all the best. He is one of the players I am most looking forward to seeing on the field next season.
    :hookem:
    (My wife is giving me her assessment and expected time table for return right now....depends on severity but likely 4-5 months )

• Like Like x 2
  26. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

You think me criticizing you is whining? Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. zuckercanyon

No, ya nut. Your whole hearted misguided backing of players who backed an idiotic perspective regarding the school anthem is what I’m attacking. The whole thing is whining. Alabama and Clemson made it to the CFP in spite of BLM and covid. You know why? Because those coaches made it clear early on that the team was here to play football. Everything else was welcome but was not the main focus. It seems that many blue blood basketball teams are faltering under covid. I’m sure the coach Texas hired has intestinal fortitude issues regarding BLM and covid (see ACU result). There’s always been that issue at UT. Some agenda that supersedes the actual focus on the task at hand. Want you life to be about protest? Quit your sport and go and join Colin Kapernick and fight for your beliefs. The second you’re worried more about statues and field names and building names, your focus is not where it needs to be and you’re going to lose. So, yeah, X, I’m going to tell you to stop whining and coddling these guys because you’re enabling this bull. Everyone on this board wants Texas to win it all. The problem is anyone who has the yes but could we make sure Black Lives Matter and also what about some of these horrible people buildings are named after and oh yeah gee whiz this horrible Eyes of Texas song, what are we going to do about THAT? As long as that’s true, Texas will continue to lose on the football field and the basketball court. You can find solace in oh yeah but they win in the game of social justice LIFE. Great for them, wish they’d focused on their sport and won it all along the way....

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Pure speculative ********.

29. zuckercanyon

His reputation precedes him. However, point goes to you, Moon. It is speculation.

30. BLucky

BLucky 250+ Posts

I'm not a huge basketball fan. But your reputation is based on recent activity for the most part. You can't look at 4 years ago and ignore more recent results. The mens basketball team has a habit of winning big followed by unexplainable letdown. This letdown came at a really bad time. I'll eat my words if ACU wins it all.