Palin is Bush II

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by WhitmanSampler, Oct 3, 2008.

1. WhitmanSampler

WhitmanSampler 250+ Posts

George Bush began droppin' his G's when he ran for president. Sarah Palin couldn't buy a G if Vanna White were her runnin' mate.

She was a talkin', and a smilin' and a winkin' with nary a G to be heard.

Can the country stand four more years without a G in the Whitehouse?

And Biden, God Love him, he's gotta stay outta them diners.

2. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

3. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

O, great paragon, has Palin ever lied by your standard?

4. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

Obama drops his "g's" as well when he is "testifyin'" to the faithful.

5. crizistre

crizistre 500+ Posts

Just like the sun rises and sets, I knew this thread would be started. I thought that it would have been sooner though. Yawn

6. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

7. A. BETTIK

A. BETTIK 1,000+ Posts

The difference is, in her case, she was born that way and thus it is a natural strength. The other three candidates are sniveling pu**ies by choice and thus weak.

8. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

I thought Palin was running for VP, not President.

9. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

10. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

You do know what the main purpose of a VP is, don't you?

Think of the first runner up in a beauty pageant. You don't want a runner up who can't serve in place of Miss America. There's the waving and the crying and the smiling. It's very hard.

It's even harder to be a President of the United States of America. Much harder, by golly.

11. Whitman Mayo

Whitman Mayo 500+ Posts

Palin is a less expereinced, less educated, version of Bush.

Just read all the praise being heaped on her from the right. It is verbatim the kind of hogwash they heaped on Bush.

She is absolutely out of her league. That fact is resonating with voters as well.

The lady is not compentent enough to answer QUESTIONS. And she is who McCain picked to be VP. Surreal.

I understand not liking Obama/Biden for political reasons. But anyone claiming that Palin is fit for office is just nuts. Did you not watch/listen to Bush the last 8 years? No more IDIOTS in office, no matter how allegidily maverickery they are.

12. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

forget the fact that she did not answer a single question asked of her last night.

13. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

14. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

I don't know what is the right thread for the following, but it's not worth putting in a new thread.

Should McCain/Palin lose, how surreal an autumn it will have been for the formerly little-known governor of Alaska. Plucked from the arctic, paraded at the convention and then hidden from reporters. Time is spent being coached for a nationally televised debate and a whirlwind tour of the UN meeting world leaders.

Then comes the debate. A final four weeks of campaigning and then in early November it all just stops. No fussing staff. No Secret Service. No heavily schedule personal appearances. Back to Alaska. Back to relative obscurity far from the big game.

If it were me, I think I'd wake up one morning next year and really wonder if it'd all really happened.

15. J D the Obscure

J D the Obscure 250+ Posts

nucular weaponry

16. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Roma, it will be a weird adjustment, I'm sure, but that lady has one hell of a future. Did you see the ratings for that debate?

17. WhitmanSampler

WhitmanSampler 250+ Posts

18. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

Oilfield,

Not that I expect anyone to have read all my posts, but I've more than once said that I think she was pushed into the big time eight or ten years too soon. She needs to educate herself and gain some polish, but she may be a rising star for the GOPs.

The ratings, as someone else said, might have been a NASCAR effect of people hoping to see a crash. I don't know. I also don't know if she'll be remembered as a bright possibility or a likable shooting star not bright enough to stay up in the sky.

We'll see. I doubt I'll ever vote for her, but I've voted the losing side many times.

19. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

20. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

There is nary a brain cell between Bush or Palin. Thus, they are perfect gop candidates cuz they r Joe sixpack speakers

21. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Yes, this board shows a heavy preference for people that talk about getting things done as opposed to those that actually accomplish something. Those people are evil.

22. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Like most, I was actually surprised by her performance. She would probably make a pretty decent mayor, or maybe even a decent governor.

As Vice President and just a heartbeat away from the oval office she would be in way over her head.

23. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

24. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

25. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

By the way... it is Nuclear.... not Nuculur

26. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

27. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

So if Palin answered zero questions that night, I suppose she and Biden had the exact same number of truthful answers then. Sounds like a push to me.

28. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I was trying to decide if her dialect was a throwback to Granny of the Beverly Hillbillies, Festus on Gunsmoke, or Granpa McCoy of the Real McCoys. Maybe she majored in primitive cultures.

29. Whitman Mayo

Whitman Mayo 500+ Posts

30. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Ya! I think Whitman nailed it.