Phil's Ryder Cup record

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by chango, Oct 2, 2010.

1. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

Last 16 matches he is 2-11-3. Unbelievable.

Phil seems like one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and a truly good person. BUT at what point should he consider faking an injury the next time around and dropping out?

There have to be a lot of guys on tour that can beat 2-11-3.

2. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

hard to swallow that the # 2 player in the world cannot manage at least .500 in this format. His style of play seems to fit perfect for Ryder Cup matches, but he just cannot get it done.

[​IMG]

3. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

His style of play - missing short putts and generally having little fire - is not suited at all for the Ryder Cup.

4. HatDaddy

HatDaddy 1,000+ Posts

Phil reminds me of David Simms in Tin Cup. Nice and all gawly shucks when the cameras are on, but everyone on the tour hates him.

In defense of Phil, none of the players have a great record at the Ryder Cup.

5. NorthCoastHorn

NorthCoastHorn 500+ Posts

shed a little light hat. I have never heard he was universally disliked.

Hook'em

[​IMG]

6. HatDaddy

HatDaddy 1,000+ Posts

article link
    There are other articles out there as well.

I also have a few buddies that work on the tour that have said he has tried to welch more than once when beaten by a local pro during pro-ams. One, in fact, where the head pro stated he wouldn't be welcome to come back if he didn't pay up on his bet. Not sure if that one is true as the PGA would have none of that.

7. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

really, you haven't heard the infamous story of his nickname, FIGJAM?

here is something from 06, updated in April. it was done with a quick google, so i'm sure there are more.
    The Link

8. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

There are a bunch of pricks on the tour...........my least favorite is Furyk.