Pick me out some new jeans

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Dr Fear, Jul 10, 2006.

1. huge

huge 250+ Posts

that's one of them

there are 2 others. all have the same owner i think.

2. ajax

ajax 100+ Posts

Okay, y'all convinced me. Tomorrow I'm going to try on some $100 jeans and I might end up buying a few pair.

3. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

We expect a full report [​IMG]

4. Lone Star

Lone Star 500+ Posts

Recently bought 3 pair of Levi 327 in different washes. They did not keep me out of any clubs in Munich -- they cost $40 a pair.

5. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

I think Levi's and OP are still very popular in Europe....[​IMG]

And any country that likes hassellhoff (or however that is spelled) isn't a good judge of fashion.

6. ScratchHorn

ScratchHorn 25+ Posts

Designer jeans aren't nice clothes. I consider a pair of Polo Chinos to much more dressy than a $250 pair of jeans. While you can get jeans for $200 and a fitted tee for $80, you are still wearing ******* jeans and a tee shirt. Its Wranglers and Levis for me and if im going out I'll wear a pair of slacks, which actually look nice. You should never wear jeans to impress, designer jeans are gay.

7. Horny Ringman

Horny Ringman 250+ Posts

8. Lone Star

Lone Star 500+ Posts

9. ajax

ajax 100+ Posts

Okay, I finally tried out the expensive jeans. I tried on a pair of $100 Lucky Brand and 2 pairs of $200+ True Religion and Rockin Republic jeans.

(Just to remind everyone, I usually wear Old Navy jeans that I buy on sale, anywhere from $19 to $24.99 if I'm in the mood for splurging.)

None of the expensive jeans seemed to have any better fabric than I usually wear. I think the Old Navys start out a little stiffer, but after several wears they feel just like the expensive ones. I mean, it's all just cotton denim. The Rockin Republics were a little thicker than I like my jeans and the stretched like they had a little spandex in them. I didn't check though.

And lemme rant a little - it's really that frickin' hard to carry my size? I know they make them. I have about the same dimensions as those guys wearing the jeans on the runway - 32~33 waist, 34 inseam (I can wear a 34 waist). But yet, almost everything at Nordstroms was for short, fat guys - 38 waist and 30 inseam. Anyway, after much digging I found some jeans in my size.

Something I didn't know - expensive jeans don't show the inseam, just the waist. Luckys come in short medium and long, so they were fine for length. The Nordstrom sales guy told me that if I need to, they would shorten the other two. Somehow, I didn't think too much length would be the issue.

I was right. The 34 regulars for the two $200 jeans came down to about shin length on me. It looked like I was wearing tight denim capri pants. Tres attractive, I must say. As for fit, the Rockin Republics were sized small and very fit. I guess they're fine if you like that super tight rockstar coke binge look. And you have very short legs. The True Religions fit fine (aside from the capri pant length), but no better than the Luckys.

As for the Luckys, they fit well but really only slightly better than my Old Navys. They made my butt look a little better. It is a little weird being a straight man talking about my own ***. Anyway, they weren't $80 better though.

So in conclusion, I still contend that if you're a slim, fit guy with good muscle tone, you can wear pretty much any reasonable brand of jeans and look good. If you want to be fashionable but you don't care about the label on your ***, I think you'd do perfectly fine with some of the better jeans from Levis, Gap, or Old Navy.

10. rustjs1

rustjs1 100+ Posts

Not to **** on the thread, but I guess I'm old school like ScratchHorn. I usually wear Levi's, Wranglers or Polo/Brooks Brothers chinos. Do the girls you hang out with think this look is unacceptable? Just wondering.