Pickle Juice

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Captain Murphy, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Captain Murphy

Captain Murphy 250+ Posts

In case any of you were thinking about drinking a jar of Claussen pickle juice ... don't do it.

2. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

Coaches made us drink pickle juice on hot days... It helped with cramps.

3. Captain Murphy

4. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

After playing beach volleyball in the summer heat for several hours, I absolutely crave pickle juice. I'm not sure why. I'll drink a whole jar as soon as I get home. Seems to be one of the last things a person would crave.

A few years ago, the Philadelphia Eagles beat the Cowboys in Irving in a mild upset in early September. The win was attributed to the coach having them drink lots of pickle juice. Seriously.

5. Captain Murphy

It's a good thing for the Eagles I wasn't playing for them that day, for a variety of reasons.

6. Mrs. Reboot

Mrs. Reboot 100+ Posts

I had a mom recommend it to me to help with the heartburn I had during pregnancy. It's something to do with the sodium and acidity. I didn't really get it, but I tried it twice. Strange to do, but it did help.

7. chillywillywall

chillywillywall 100+ Posts

pretty sure its because pickle juice has alot of salt in it. and when you sweat your body loses alot of salk and the pickle juice is a good way to replenish it

8. kangsta

kangsta 500+ Posts

They should come out with a pickle juice flavored gatorade. Of course, they'd have to come out with regular, G2 and propel. You know, plain old water just isn't good for you anymore.

9. WillWork4Horns

WillWork4Horns 100+ Posts

When I was in Jr High School we had a store beside the school that sold frozen pickle juice. They would put in those small dixie cups and serve it with a pkg of salt. They called them pickle pops and they sold all they could make.

10. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

good for hangovers, too. just roll out of bed early in the morning, drink a couple swallows of pickle juice, half a cup of water, then back to bed and you'll be right as rain when you wake up again

11. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

I worked at a little league concession stand and there were plenty of kids who would ask for a pickle juice snow cone. Pretty much the most horrible thing possible in my opinion.

12. Brak

Brak 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

I had someone's commercial Pickle Juice during a bike ride last year. It could have been this one. When you are expecting something sweet like Gatorade and you gulp down this stuff, it is quite a shock. I really didn't care for it.

13. GarCiaRia

GarCiaRia 100+ Posts

www.goldenpicklejuice.com/

I drank this stuff during the last MS150. They were handing it out at rest stops. It just didn't do it for me. Nasty stuff when the temp is hot.

14. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

You know, a Philly cheese steak is a pretty good sandwich.

15. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

16. MirrOlure

MirrOlure 500+ Posts

They had it on the Katy Flatlands Century last July.

Not sure what brand. It was good, in small quantities. But you definitely don't gulp it like Gatorade.

Personally, I have found other products from Hammer Nutrition which provide better overall satisfaction.

17. Duckie

Duckie 25+ Posts

I'll admit to it...I like pickle juice. [​IMG]

Granted, I never had a whole jar full nor would I drink something like pickle juice flavored Gatorade, but I used to love to drink just a bit straight from the jar after all the pickles were gone. [​IMG]

18. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

19. bighornfan32

bighornfan32 100+ Posts

I'm pretty sure thats Jason Witten on the label.

20. bevo_daddy

bevo_daddy 500+ Posts

I saw pickle flavored Pringles at the store today

21. 01 grad

01 grad 250+ Posts

I plan on drinking a few jars in preparation for that special day after Valentines. Just as an experiment.

22. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

23. ACE

ACE 100+ Posts

When I was a kid we would get pickle juice sno cones at the little league snack shack once in awhile. Not my fav, but was an interesting change up.

24. DAGMAR

DAGMAR 250+ Posts

I chased tequila with pickle juice at a tailgate in Ames. Surprisingly, it was not terrible.

25. austingirl25

austingirl25 25+ Posts

I have some friends who like pickle juice +vodka shots. Sounds odd to me, but I'd try it.

26. Gen. Applewhite

Gen. Applewhite 25+ Posts

pickle juice with jim beam is delicious. try it.

27. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

I prefer Best Maid Sour Pickle juice.

28. GarCiaRia

GarCiaRia 100+ Posts

Brak, same here. They had cases and cases of that stuff on the MS150 (SA to Corpus). My first gulp of it and I almost barfed in my mouth a lil'. Not sweet at all.

Milkman Dan.....Accelerade is the only stuff I drink when I ride. Great stuff, flatulence included!

29. axle hongsnort

axle hongsnort 250+ Posts

I too got turned on during the MS150. I then drank the **** out of it on the HotterN'Hell...I think it has something like 10X's the electrolytes vs gatorade. It's sort of a nice change from the sweet sports drinks. We dubbed it the Jagermeister of sports drinks since it makes you pucker up.

30. whickums

whickums 250+ Posts

mmmmmm..... pickle juice snow cones [​IMG]