Play Bowl Pick Em with Horn Fans!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Badass, Dec 4, 2017.

1. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Rule# 3a. When you have a "feeling".....9/10 times go w it
    Rule #5. Listen to national pundits and media only if they are sharing statistics, facts, data, or actual news....NOTHING ELSE...EVER
    New Rule...yet un-numbered...
    When a team who is highly rated and has few losses gets beat handily the prior year by another team...Never..ever pick the team that was beaten in a subsequent years rematch no matter what their record or how touted they may be.

You figure it out..

SMH...JSU again, ??
    Primetime my $#!#

2. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Chance I will loose every game today. So far so good.

3. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Agreed on the 2 rules. Would have to study rematch deal. Jackson State cost me top point total 2nd year in a row.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

How about an award for missing on all of them. I’m usually bad but this is insane.

5. RainH2burntO

Wow....my dumb overthinking continues.
    Had Oregon st on 24 until 5 minutes before start. Talked myself down and moved to line 12...still Beavers at ieast, but..
    Just have this anti Pac12 thing I can't shake....
    Had I left them at 24 would be in 2nd currently looking at my main man IDE.
    Guess those points are still out there for me to get...but last minute changes that end up wrong hurt.
    How did I think UF was going to do much on offense w a 3rd stringer who hasn't shown jack yet?? Hello!?!...There's a reason they lost to Vandy..

6. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Lots of games left and is still early. There will be 5-7 games that tells the tale…

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RainH2burntO

Thread is quiet...
    Everybody holding their hands close.
    I will go ahead and be the first to congratulate hornfancpa on a game well played...as he has the 1 spot locked up.
    Id love to hear thoughts from some of you on the bowl season and will share my own after tonight's game.

Congrats, hfcpa! Great job.

The rest of us will compete for the 2-3 spots and see where it falls tonight.

Best of luck to those still competing
    :hookem:

8. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Congrats to all who played and battled in this year's bowl competition.
    The results are in:
    Special Congrats to :

1. Gold Medal: HORN CPA! The new kid on the block who also took a Silver in the regular season. No one is sleeping on you now buddy. Top 7% in country
    2. Silver Medal: ID EXIST. Year in and year out, Exist is one of the legends you have to beat. Top 11% in country
    3. Bronze Medal: CREEK. At a 22-21 record it wasn't a great year for me, but I know how to play the game. And at least I beat 1 of my 2 main rivals..Burnt O by 1 point ! Top 12%.
    4. Honorable Mention: Rain Burnt O- Definitely knows his stuff. You can expect he'll be at the top every time and who you have to go through to win these things. Top 12%.

9. horn_fan_cpa

horn_fan_cpa 100+ Posts

Just shows how "unpredictable" bowl games really are...lol. I looked at my final record and didn't think I had a prayer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. RainH2burntO

You, sir, were allsome.
    Great job.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. RainH2burntO

Thank you for the kind words. Creek.
    I like competing with you guys (and mb).
    IDE, Creek, et al..fun to go head to head with you. (Creek, that 1 point is going to burn me for awhile! ;) )
    Looks like we have a new player in hfcpa.
    Shout out to IDE for the best W-L record, to Creek for the most efficient use of points, UThorn84, Steve, Hot Coco, badass, jk....all the rest. Good job.
    We all have "stories"....nature of the beast...and mine arent special...
    Close misses, last second changes that paid and last second changes that pained, glorious upset picks and what was i thinking stupidity, woulda shoulda couldas and glad I didas, never agains (i see you Jackson State, and every single times, Im a genius, I am so dense, down a few spots, up a few spots, What?!@#%! I thought I picked the other team?!?, and whew..I thought I had picked the other team!, go for the upset or play it safe, duh, that should have been obvious to no way...could have never seen that.
    Move UGA in Championship game down from 43 to 26 a few days back when the playoff started....perfect ending to an imperfect year.
    :hookem:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  12. I_Dont_Exist

Congratulations hfcpa ,Creek, and Rain.

13. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Calling all Hornfans out there to put your College Football knowledge to the test and compete! It is Confidence picks - Assign higher points to the winners you feel most confidence about. Total points win. Podium and 4th get recognized. Winners below

Historic ESPN Hornfan Bowl winners
    2016: Badass
    2017: Bevo Joe
    2018: Horn in Corpus
    2019: Vol Horn for Life
    2020: FBExpert22
    2021: Creek
    2022: Horn CPA

Link: https://fantasy.espn.com/free-prize...&groupId=334aaf04-5f9d-3cca-b347-17526faa80ed

Join a group

14. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

First game is Dec.16. You can pick the winners as the games go along and change your picks up to game time. Compete!
    Glycomer, Chop, Pompoms, Vol Horn, Worster, Horns2 Run, Viper, Erbutch, X Misn, Statlyzer, Catholic, Bystander, Sangre etc…

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
  15. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Bueller?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Not terribly keen on signing up for an ESPN account. But I may create a burner email just for grins.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

If you hit the gear symbol by your entry you can change your name of your entry.

18. I_Dont_Exist

For how many ever years in a row I've had a problem getting username right. I believe it's finally mission accomplished. IDExist5 is my one and only official name. Good luck to all. It's fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. I_Dont_Exist

Okay now we're back to need to register an account. I'm done. Just not worth the aggravation. Good luck to all those choosing to proceed but I'm just f'n done with it.

20. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Exist- Just login to your existing ESPN account you’ll see your original picks.

21. I_Dont_Exist

I've done that but can't get username to change. Clicked on little gear and everything.
    I'll give it a try with username assigned to me. Name begins ESPNFAN068 and then the rest. Those will be my pics I want to use IDExist5 for. If I wasn't headed for the last roundup I'd just forget it.

22. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Exist - Yeah, keep trying, you are a Legend in this competition.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I'm in, but I have to say I didn't spend any time at all compared to what I spent during the year I won. I have Texas winning it all in a 27-21 Championship game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Vols-At least you ain’t skeered.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Exist- We will count your Official picks as IDEXIST5.

The other one will not count-IDEXIST5's Picks1---- correct?

• Like Like x 1
  26. I_Dont_Exist

That's correct and all your efforts to help are greatly appreciated. Means a lot to me.

27. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Glad I didn’t have money in the UTSA game…what a joke to keep it quiet about Harris.

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I think the joke is on you? Back-up QB has UTSA on top at halftime.

29. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Glad I put a lot of points on UTSA. My hold on first place is secured.
    On the San Antonio news tonight they interviewed Harrison and he did not say he would not play. Sort of put me off also. UTSA has a very good team and i felt would beat Marshal either way.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  30. I_Dont_Exist

ESPNFAN0682862313's Picks 1 is the name I wanted to use for my official picks. It the only one I can access to adjust point values. Current total 119. It's Creek's group so I'm happy to let him decide which one to count. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough before.