Politics and Religion

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Apr 24, 2018.

1. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Care to reference a source more to your liking?

2. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  3. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It's kinda fun to watch the initiation process. Godspeed old65!

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Yes, it is falling apart. You MSM viewers have no idea how manipulated you are by a dishonest press and just how uninformed you are.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Are old65horn and Longesthorn the same person? It seems like it. :lol:

7. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Clinton campaign didn't collude with Michael Steele. They colluded with Christopher Steele. A foreign intelligence agent.

The Fusion GPS dossier is the only evidence shown the FISA court to get the approval to spy on the Trump campaign. There was no other evidence. That was the whole issue with the report. We simply didn't know what other evidence had been used until Mueller wrote his report. Then we knew. That was it. The same dossier that Comey described as what... unconfirmed, salacious, etc. He didn't believe it said anything truthful, but it was very useful.

8. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Confidence. Yeah...that's why conservatives continually attack the Mueller investigation. Is confidence a euphemism for partisan bias now?

With that said, I support an impartial investigation into the origins of the FISA application process. That's sort of the IG's role, right? A political appointee (like Barr) driving the investigation is rife with conflicts.

9. Seattle Husker

Like using the Russians and Wikipedia? ;)

Set yourself up for that one.

10. Seattle Husker

To be fair, Fast and Furious (whatever that failed gun tracking program was called) was a molehill compared to the Everest sized Mueller investigation. The potential impact to our democracy was night and day.

Not forgiving Holder's decisions but comparing the media exposure and public interest of 2 instances is self-serving.

11. Seattle Husker

Not sure that is true. It's a common refrain in conservative media but the Papadopolous fracas and Carter Page investigations preceded the Steele dossier.

12. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The underlying investigation was bigger, but the violation (or alleged violation) of law isn't. If subpoena power matters (and it should), the violation of the subpoena is what matters, not the subjective opinions people have of the underlying investigation.

It's not self-serving. I think both should have cooperated, and I think Congress should get the full Mueller Report. (Of course, I also think that if a member of Congress leaks confidential portions, he should get thrown in the slammer.) And I'm not criticizing the media for the amount of interest they showed but in how they judged the situations. When Holder refused to cooperate, the contempt motion was treated as a cheap and racist ploy. When Barr didn't cooperate, he was treated as a horrific renegade who didn't care about the rule of law. In reality, Barr's offense is no worse than Holder's, and that's giving Holder quite a bit of slack.

You might say it's self-serving for me to bring it up, do recall that Barr actually worked out a deal with Nadler on producing evidence. At least as of now, there's actually nothing to enforce about the contempt motion. Will there be? That depends on whether Barr and Nadler comply with the agreement they reached.

14. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

There will always be partisan attacks on these investigations. The difference is that Trump was investigated thoroughly but Loretta Lynch and Obama have not been. We need to investigate all credible allegations thoroughly by credible and independent people. It looks like you agree.

15. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

The Carter Page investigation you are referring to was before either were a part of the Trump campaign and had nothing to do with Trump. I know that for sure about Carter Page. Papadapolous spouting off about knowing Russians was after the Steele dossier

16. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

And then Carter Page went to work for Trump. What a coincidinky.

Kind of like how many Russians live in Trump properties or bought/sold property with the Trump organization.

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I read the IG report is late because they found a late whistle blower, which required them go back to previous witnesses to cross check their testimony. Rep King of New York says a lot of bad stuff happened behind the scenes including top of the cia.

18. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

And still Carter Page after the investigation has never been charged with being a Russian agent. Nothing there.

19. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Well Gomer, how many Russians bought and sold property with Trump? What are these nefarious Russians up to? And about that Carter Page! It sure was nice to see the FBI and other authorities hammer his ***....oh wait....never mind.

20. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I'm sure a crap ton. I'd like to see if they paid market price. Apparently an old money laundering trick is to over pay for property.

Also, Trump went from being the king of debt to paying cash only in about 2006. Raised some eyebrows.

21. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Well, your "crap ton" of facts are potent and damning as usual.

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Don't argue "I'm sure a crap ton" or you may be labeled similar to the anti agw crowd.