Poll: OU or Baylor?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by YearOfTheSteer, Nov 12, 2019.

?

If we are able to beat ISU, will you be pulling for OU to beat Baylor on Saturday night??

Poll closed Nov 17, 2019.
  1. Absolutely. A Baylor loss would put us in the driver's seat for a Big XII Championship berth.

59.6%
  2. Hell no. I cannot root for the Sooners under any circumstances.

19.1%
  3. Nope. I would rather Baylor win to ensure OU is out of the playoff picture.

21.3%
  1. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

Texas fans will be in quite a predicament this weekend if we are able to pull out a victory in Ames...what say you?

:bu: or :ou:????

2. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Whatever puts us in the best position to compete for the conference title. My conscience cannot "root" for ou but my head can prefer a particular outcome that is favorable to Texas. One must carefully balance emotion and intellect in delicate matters such as this.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Nothing good ever comes from OU winning Ever. I hope they lose.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

No question, OU.

Baylor is a feel good story of the wayward child brought back to join the family by a guy from New England. In spite of that "story", the conference needs respectability on the national scene which can only come from Texas or Oklahoma. We have already humped the puppy, so hopefully Oklahoma can carry the conference flag to the financial benefit of all.

That said, the loss of Dr Boren is the most troublesome the Big XII faces. Now, we have no leadership, and certainly no smarts representing the Big XII.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. EasternHorn

EasternHorn 500+ Posts

Assuming we beat ISU, we need OU to win. Because I can't possibly root for OU, I simply will not watch the game. Very simple.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

If you want to play in the Big XII Championship game, we just about have to root for OU. A 2-loss OU goes to BXII CG before a 2-loss UT because they have the tie-breaker on us. A 2-loss UT goes to the BXII CG over a 2-loss BU because we'd have the tie-breaker (assumes we win out, a big assumption).

7. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I won't be.

• Like Like x 1
  8. horninchicago

Galindo during Rewind said unequivocally that for Texas to make the CCG, it must win out and have OU win.

So, I have resigned myself to the fact Texas will not play in that game as I, unfortunately, don't see Texas winning out, and I refuse to pull for OU. I couldn't care less what prestige or respect that may bring to the Big XII. F them. OU winning never helps Texas.

If Texas somehow gets its crap together next year, will anyone care whether OU made it to the CFP this year. I can't believe anyone on here except Bubba would hope to see OU got the CFP to bolster the Big XII. Wow, that sounds like Aggies pulling for SEC!SEC!SEC! foes to make them look good.

• Like Like x 1
  9. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

OU has OSU in Stillwater...it's conceivable (though not likely) that they could lose at Baylor and at OSU, which puts us (if we win out) and Baylor in the CCG. Of course the odds of all of that happening are probably around 3%.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I want Texas to win out and win their bowl game. A 10-3 record would be something to build on. Don't care about anything else. If blowu beat Baylor and we get another shot at those gooners then I'm all for it, but I want to win out none the less.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. horninchicago

Not probable is right. Go look at the history of "Bedlam". What a joke. Mullet beats Texas more than ou I think.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Is the winner of the worthless, dumbass, Bowelsby chicken **** bowl an automatic for the Sugar Bowl or does the Sugar Bowl have a choice of Big XII teams or the option to take the highest ranked?

13. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Went with Baylor winning. ISU losing the way they did was the worst thing that could happen for us. Chances we win out are less than 5%.

14. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

So do you think the league headshed boys (boy) see Texas and OU as their best avenue to fame? (If so, does the “the committee” also feel that way? Better payday?) And since Texas has been screwing the pooch the last few years, that leaves OU as their only darling.

On another note, your opinions was the non-call on the 2 pt play at the Iowa State-OU game. A good non-call, or just another call going the sooners way. It was a gamesaver for Bowlsby’s bell cow.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I think Matt Campbell blew it on calling for two. He had OU’s defense on the ropes. They can’t stop his offense. OU’s offense had disappeared.

I thought he should have gone for the tie, taken the ball first against a confused, exhausted OU defense. Neither did I like his play call for two.

Mike is the conference’s best referee, but like all of the Anderson/Burks BigSky/MWC crews, Mike is saddled with ****. Bad no call

:hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

I would like them towin until Texas beats them in the CCG. Well, maybe a loss at Bedlam, but nooo.

17. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Highest ranked non CFP team I believe is which Big 12 team plays in the Sugar Bowl.

18. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I'm very conflicted replying here, because I HATE ou AND to quote HIC, we all know, nothing, nothing good comes from an ou win....plus I don't see the Horns winning out.

:deadhorse:

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  19. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

This. Didn't root for them in 08 and not doing it now. Just remember how 08 turned out. OU winning is never good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. horninchicago

Yep. I actually wonder if any college fan who can look up how many Big XII Championships OU has won compared to, well, everyone else, really thinks that Texas is part of any prestige of the Big XII. Not much different that people like us saying the SEC is generally Bama and then everyone else.

21. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I'll just have to be satisfied with us beating Baylor. What happens after that is up to the gods of football. However, Baylor has pulled out close wins thi season and has been to OT 2 or 3 times. That jug of luck will run out sooner (no pun intended) or later.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Baylor should never have beaten Tech.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Why is there not a 4th option? "New cruise missile guidance system goes awfully wrong, bomb lands in Floyd Casey football stadium Saturday night."

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  24. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

not that I'm any kind of Rape/Murder U on the Brazos fan but I cant do it............screw BlowU.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

That would be a miss by miles. They now play on campus now at McLane Stadium (a.k.a. The Toilet Bowl due to the horseshoe covering over the stands).

26. horninchicago

Maybe he just wants to send a message lol.

27. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

My bad, I thought they still called it FC.

28. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Interesting fanbase we have. Most of us are glad to not even play our #2 rival, and are openly rooting for our #1 rival.

This comes up every few years and we never learn.

29. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Always want OU to lose period!

• Agree Agree x 3
  30. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

never root FOR ou.

• Agree Agree x 3