Poll Question to Satisfy My Curiosity

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TxnByBirth, Jan 3, 2019.

?

Texas winning makes it __________ likely that you'll watch the National Championship game

Poll closed Jan 8, 2019.
  1. More

17 vote(s)
    28.3%
  2. Less

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. About the same

41 vote(s)
    68.3%
  1. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

I'll admit that for me I'm more likely to watch as opposed to previous years where we were down.

2. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Was going to watch regardless. Might want to add that as an option.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Wasn't going to watch it regardless. I am tired of bama/Clemson rematch so really couldn't care less who wins

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I’ll watch because it’s college football but there is zero interest in the matchup for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Probably would have watched regardless but with Texas winning it sure makes it easier to carve out the time and not look for something else to do while trying to forget about Texas losing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

That was the reason I put "About the same" as an option. Maybe I should have worded it differently :)

7. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I will be pulling for South Carolina Aggie.

With the Horns winning and dominating GA like they did, I want to look at Bama and Clemson to imagine how the Horns would have matched up against them had they played one of them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

My in laws are Clemson Alumnus. It is a beautiful campus. I will watch and pull for Clemson as I have for the previous three matchups.

9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Think I will watch next time Texas is in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I'll watch if I am channel surfing and nothing else of interest grabs my attention...sort of like most games that are airing involving a Non-40acres squad...

12. William Bush

William Bush 25+ Posts

I will have it on my TV, don't know how much I will actually watch. Seen this game before, boring.

13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

and before; and before

14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I shall watch because it's college football. it's Alabama, it's Saban, it could have been us if Billie Powers hadn't totally ****** things up.

Like him or loathe him, Saban is a great college coach. Anyone who loves the game, has to appreciate the machine he has created, but then, I'm the guy that went down to congratulate Bob Stoops after he destroyed Mack Brown's team. As I told him, "After the sting and hurt of total destruction, as a football fan, I have to admire the surgical precision with which your team dismantled mine".

I really like Dabo, but he's coaching another cow college, and the closest I come to pulling for a cow college is occasionally LSU (only partial cow) & FSU against the convicts.

:beertoast:

15. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

More likely to watch; before the Sugar Bowl with Texas making a statement I was going to pull for Clemson.

Now, not so much. I want Texas to do something like it did in the 2004/2005 seasons, they're not quite the quality of those squads yet, but should be able to be in the mix out of the gate next year and stay in it this time.

Texas in 2005 stopped cold the juggernaut of USC and all of it's hype.

Would be cool for Texas to step up again, this time stopping Bama's incredible domination, well deserved rep. So, would rather see Bama sitting on top going into next year rather than Clemson for that potential possibility if no other.

16. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

It’ll be on my TV, but I probably will putter around the house while halfway listening.

17. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Clemson will give me 40 points and move me way up on bowl mania. Have to watch it. I really do not want Alabama to win another one.