Poooooor Aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TexasGolf, Jan 7, 2011.

1. danthehorn

danthehorn 250+ Posts

2. orangecat

orangecat 1,000+ Posts

and they should have lost by more. To me, that last TD not counting was a gift from the refs.

This aggy team that was the the best in a long, long time, will not finish in the top 20, with the last TD counting, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have finished in the top 25.

This finish will not help their recruting.

3. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

PJ,

I have a lot of aggys in my life and by far most of them are amazing, warm and friendly people however the aggy in them is still coded in their DNA when football season comes around. I was an undergrad during the "dark years" ('90-94) and the degree that the general agroid population was beyond acceptable fan rivalry behavior has forever been burned into my memory. The constant "in-your-face" insults, middle fingers, "T-U" this and that, the consistent defacing of UT facilities and stealing of our mascot, etc. etc... went far beyond tolerable and all the way to the unforgivable. I, and many from my time, have cursed aggy a thousand year downfall into the realms of football purgatory. Call it extreme if you choose to however I simply refer to it as justifiable retribution.

I know you will not like my position and I wouldn't blame you but you're to suffer for the sins and transgressions of your delusional fanbase of yore, as theirs' went beyond possible redemption in my eyes.

I absolutely despise blOwU, but I respect their team and our rivalry. The rivalry with aggy is simply one where beating you down, no matter how severe or for how long, will never fail to bring a big Texas smile to my face and there is no limits to those beat downs whereby it might possibly cause a smile to be removed or even softened. That simply is not possible for long as I may live.

In other words, you and your agroid history and existence don't make a ****. If it bothers you, blame your illustrious alumnus for it.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

doesnt bother me. you're entitled to your opinion.

just seems like you have a lot of anger in you.

replace "aggy" with "tsip" in your rant and you'd fit in quite well with the yahoos on texags.

5. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

Joe,
    I think he was just 'venting' and getting it out of his system! At least I hope so...

[​IMG]

6. WindyCityAg

WindyCityAg 25+ Posts

Hous-
    I have an honest question for you:

Based on your extreme hatred for everything "aggy," and the "sins and transgressions of the delusional fanbase," why do you "have a lot of "aggys" in your life?

Since all A&M alums are guilty by association for the "unforgivable" acts perpetrated against you back in the mid nineties, I don't question how you feel, but it just seems to me that interacting with anything associated with A&M would be about the worst torture that you could possibly experience.

Why do you do it?

This may sound like I am trying to be a smartass, but I am not. Just honestly interested. I think if I truly hated something as much as you do A&M, I would choose to avoid anything associated with it every chance I got.

7. Juche

Juche < 25 Posts

OP, I hope this thread helps soothe this season's butt-hurt. I really do.

8. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

WCAg,

Fair question but one whereby the answer is blatantly obvious. I live in Texas, Houston to be precise. Why would I want to escape this State?

Listen, for a short and brief period of time, we all spent 4 years (some more/some less) as undergrads at our State's beloved schools. Some of these schools are rivals... others are bitter rivals. This is to be expected.

Most of us offer up our rivals a good competitive ribbing during the undergrad years and beyond. Its what makes the competition healthy and even fun.

Then there are others who simply have not learned that there are boundaries to the degree of seriousness & tongue-in-cheek this actually requires - A&M being the key example. Hatred of your main rival is what is promoted within. Couple that with the general insecurities of 18-22 year olds and before you know it, we have a problematic culture that continues to fan its own flames under the false auspices of "tradition".

Now then, let's rewind back to the late-80's and early 90's. The general doctrine of hatred for all things University of Texas had created an environment of vitriol and despise when your athletic teams were far inferior. Once the State's giant institution fell upon hard times, your cult following jumped all over the befallen State bretheren, failing to recognize that we all love this State equally, and took behavior well passed the point of respectful straight to the pit of boundless immaturity and deviancy. In a word, classless is everything I experienced from all ags during this period.

I make no apologies for taking great joy in watching agroid in your continued failures to live up to at least being compared by the general population to everything Texas. And only due to my recollections of all those incredibly classless acts from numerous ags, most of whom I never knew but felt that they knew me and those I was with well enough to act just like Buckeye fans.

Now then, &#60;cough, cough&#62; 20 years later I still work and reside in this wonderful State. I have worked & lived next to many wonderful people. So many have been aggys. I do not judge them or hold anything specifically against them. Many I consider to be good friends. However, come to discuss college football with them and that all too familiar aggy trait rears its ugly head in them. Again, I pass no specific judgment against them. They are who they are. I liken this event to the story of the frog and the scorpion. They can't help themselves and I accept them for who they are. I recognize what they are and learn not to give a scorpion a ride across the lake, lest we both should die. So to speak.

However, aggy as a whole is forever cursed in my eyes and I wish nothing but continued failure for as long as I may live. Plain and simple, your school's past agroids have earned this from me. Now the rest of you must bear this burden when I wish to disclose the pleasure I take from your pains.

I mean none of you personal harm or ill will - ever - however when I see your collective spirits crushed and/or your general fanship deflated and broken, I cannot help but wear a grin knowing that for all of the classless acts committed during your one time in the sun (much like a dog's butt) are being repaid in full for each and every one of them.

I'll keep both hands on the stirring pot for next season's brew of aggy misery. As for all of you agroids, you continue to stay aggy classy out there. OK? And the world will continue to spin, albeit with a slight burnt orange glow.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Tri-Stone

Tri-Stone 25+ Posts

10. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

at midseason, half the ags were calling for firing Sherman. Then his team reels off six in a row, including wins over us, OU and Nebraska.

Now they are puffed up like Peacocks and acting like Jackie Sherrill was back in all his "glory."

Gotta love 'em.

11. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

In reply to:

12. Juche

Juche < 25 Posts

at preseason, half the Longhorns were calling for 10 wins. Then the team reels off home losses to such powerhouses as UCLA, Iowa State, Baylor, including losses to OU and Kansas State.

Now, after new coaching hires replace those who fled like rats on a sinking ship, they are puffed up like Peacocks and acting like Darrell Royal was back in all his "glory."

Gotta love 'em.

13. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Much as I love to see aggy embarrass themselves, I thought they played pretty well overall. As we know all too well, when your QB starts throwing to the other team, it is hard to win against even half decent teams.

14. Tri-Stone

Tri-Stone 25+ Posts

15. agssuk

agssuk 1,000+ Posts

Well, unlike HousHorn, I dont have any aggy in my life. Its not that I have anything personal against them, but anytime you get 2 or more together, the true aggy comes out. And yes, we were forcasting 10 wins. But its not like we have'nt done it before. And aggy? When was the last time you had 10 wins or played for a national championship. A school of that size with the "loyal [​IMG] fanbase? Which is more pathetic: 5-7 or aggy?

16. WindyCityAg

WindyCityAg 25+ Posts

Fair enough Hous. Appreciate the explanation.