Possible HUGE news on expansion!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by coolhorn, May 19, 2012.

1. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

2. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

3. HighPlainsBevo

HighPlainsBevo 250+ Posts

Not happening. You can make book. Don't need it. Not gonna happen.

4. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Thanks for the compliment Hu, and the good thing is, I don't even charge 9.00 a month to put my opinion out there. [​IMG]

Sometimes, it's not what's said, but rather, what's not said. Right now, the Big XII is doing this little toe dance about being happy with ten teams, and I don't doubt some folks are. Mostly though, it's being said to avoid any nuisance lawsuits. Nobody negotiates realignment in the light of day. It's done behind closed doors. A guy I trust who follows all things football in the southeast says FSU and Clemson have been talking through intermediaries with the Big XII since last November, and I have no reason to doubt him. If he is right, the process with those two schools is pretty far along and probably all that needs finishing is dotting some I's and crossing some T's.

I do believe Georgia Tech has had some contact with the conference, but it's not nearly as far along as the two other ACC schools. One of the worst-kept secrets out there is that Va. Tech and the SEC are sharing information, and NC State's apparently an SEC target school too.

BYU to the Big XII ain't happening, and Louisville's best shot is to replace one of the exiting ACC schools. Pitt's got a chance for consideration IF Notre Dame puts them in play with the Big XII. Speaking of the Irish...I remain to be convinced that they're gonna be left out of the equation for whatever form the four team playoff takes. I still believe there will be a "Notre Dame exception" that keeps them from fully having to join a conference...but I could be real wrong on that.