Post Left Wing looniness here

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Oct 15, 2020.

1. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Clearly, the black billionaire is suffering mightily due to society treating him and his predecessors so poorly. How much should we give him?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

How much more does he deserve? We already changed the syrup bottles and rice...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What has always baffled me is that this is treated as a fraud worthy of ridicule but that chicks with dicks is treated as real, serious, and something we should reorder society to accommodate.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

But just as well, there’s insight here into why so many who attempt to adhere to a consistent set of principles will eventually run afoul of popular left-liberal consensus: it’s an eternally self-justifying, shape-shifting construction — organized around the accrual of power. Civil liberties are fashionable one day and of no use the next. Which makes sense, because civil liberties often need to be invoked to constrain the power that left-liberals are clearly desperate to wield against their adversaries.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

10. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

The Left in this country are willing to fight us in the streets in order to force women to see penises in women's bathroom's.

If you compromise with evil, you are evil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Ultimately our prosperity and wealth make some people bored. Is there a trans movement in Tanzania?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

It isn't wealth and prosperity really. It is ungodly Marxist academics teaching future cultural leaders for 75 years. It actually started long before that. Western thought has been corrupted by irrational, ungodly philosophy for at least 300 years.

Tanzania is a more or less a traditional culture that hasn't undergone the massive shifts we have. That isn't due to wealth. It's due to our culture compromising with evil. In Tanzania they have traditional types of evil and corruption. But the kind of corruption we have in the West would be met with a fist in the face there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's undoubtedly a major factor. However, I also can't help but look at Europe (which is obviously westernized), where wealthier nations like Germany, the UK, France, and especially places like the Netherlands have the same crackpot social movements as the US, and they gain similar levels of traction. However, it's a different picture in places like Hungary, Romania, Poland, Albania, and even Portugal, Spain, and Italy. It isn't that those movements don't exist at all, but they gain far less traction. Marxists literally dominated everything in some of those countries for 40+ years and still have great influence in academia. However, the public basically blows them off as the kooks that they are.

What I'm suggesting isn't that Marxists aren't pushing this stuff. They are, and their intentions are evil. What I'm suggesting is that it gains traction because it becomes a hobby horse of relatively wealthy people wanting to feel righteous and meaningful, and they have the spare time to put effort into it. They become the useful idiots enabling the movement. When you're a broke laborer on a vineyard in Portugal, you don't have time to bother with whether some freak in Lisbon (or Brussels) wants to be able to walk around in a dress and pull his junk out in front of little girls in dressing rooms and get validation from the culture and government when he does. If you're the wife or mistress of a rich banker in Paris or exporter in Amsterdam, you do have that kind of time.

And there probably actually is a trans movement in Tanzania, but you can fit it in a phone booth and has no prospect of going beyond that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

You're right. Eric Hoffer says the same thing. Mass movements only happen when people are above subsistence because otherwise everyone is working on what they eat next.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Liberalism is always about changing something. Once that something is changed, they don't become conservative. Instead they move on to the next something. Gay marriage was that something last decade. The Supreme Court gave liberals that so they move onto the next thing. Transgender is what took off, but it could've been polygamy or active euthanasia.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Could not agree more with your analysis there 64.

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

They need to push next for self-eradication.

• Like Like x 3
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  21. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Bystander, I hope you're right - I sincerely hope the majority of the country truly is rational. But apparently there is a significant minority in pockets of the country who are not rational - otherwise idoits like Tlaib, Omar, and AOC could not be elected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'm not sure how rational the country is, but when their policies result in increased crime and border problems then hopefully, the rational among us drill down on negative forms of reality and find the driver is Liberalism.

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't think we should call people like Tlaib "liberal." Democrats in the JFK or even Joe Biden molds were liberal. Rashida Tlaib, AOC, Cory Bush, et al are radical totalitarians, and we shouldn't give them the legitimacy that comes with the term "liberal."

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Well amongst us elite intellectual thinkers, I'd say you're right, but in the world of simplistic headline schools of "thought," that nuance is just that; too nuanced. Liberals must be distinguished between Democrats. There is a clear division there. Of course, we can bell curve Liberals and we can bell curve Democrats. But if it's one or the other without outliers within each one, then she's a Liberal to me.

25. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Good point, Mr. Deez. Perhaps "communist" would be a better term.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Totally. They need a label that clearly and publicly defines what they are about. Totalitarian. Authoritarian. I like those words but not sure they register at the gut level. I have thought about using Progressive of Leftist. Not visceral enough either.

I prefer at this point Radical Leftist or Tyrannical Leftist. Those are accurate I think. More visceral but less accurate Commie, Communist, or Marxist. They all fit though.

27. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

They are only liberal in a very narrow way. They are libertines who want to get rid of all basic morality. They are liberal in the sense of promoting homosexuality, transgenderism, or sexual immorality in general. They are for doing everything they can to free women from marriage and the responsibilities of child rearing. That is a type of freedom, though I consider it destructive. They are also for freeing people from the shackles of laws and responsibility when they are broken, from illegal immigration to petty theft.

28. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I agree they are the far far left. More than three standard deviations from the norm of Liberalism. And I agree they should be labeled as totalitarians and America haters. But too many Liberals are sympathetic to what they say and do. I want Liberalism to be marginalized and to shave off The Crew and AOC still leaves us with Bernie and Warren.

• Like Like x 1
  29. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

The far left often are SO far around the bend that they came full circle to being the ultra-right wing with the totalitarian viewpoints...

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

• Agree Agree x 2