Post Left Wing looniness here

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I think it varies by location. I promise you the teachers where I live are nothing like that....which is why I chose this place to live the last 25 years.

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Where you live does make a difference. My wife taught in Belton, and it was no where near as bad as Round Rock.

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• poop poop x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I took my son's childhood delusion to the extreme and ruined his life. I did everything right.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I think you are agreeing with me? Idk.

I agree with everything here. We have discussed this issue before. You have blamed voters for the issue. Which I agree, people have voted people in over the years who have made the current situation exist. But my assertion has been that the system itself is corrupt and set up so that voters either don't have a real choice or their votes are so uninformed that this outcome is inevitable.

We are at the point now where I have seen those in charge hide their agendas so that they get elected on false pretenses. Then they enact evil policies. Not just things I don't agree with by evil.

Most of my aunts, uncles, and cousins are public school teachers. None of them agree with these policies. But none the less the policies move forward at an accelerating pace. Any Christian at this point has to realize that there are dark forces at work. Our fight isn't against flesh and blood but against rulers, powers, and spiritual forces of wickedness. They are working through the institutions of the US and through deceived individuals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Really? And RR was probably seen as a good place at that time. I guarantee it is worse now.

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't disagree every time I reply. Sometimes I respond to reinforce or another perspective in support of a post.

Yes, the system is corrupt. I've never disputed that, but the voters don't have to tolerate that. They can elect people at the local and state level who can rein all of it in. They just don't do that. Several of the RRISD trustees are up for reelection. We can toss everybody who isn't named Bone or Weston. I'll certainly vote to do that.

Politicians at all levels do this. We can vote them out and reverse what they did.

That's because they're probably like my wife and others. The extremists of the left hold the power in public education. Furthermore, those who agree with them are very vocal and aggressive and will gang up on those who take issue with them, so few are willing to speak up.

Pretty much agree.

It was good compared to AISD. That's not saying much. Even back then, the superintendent was a goofball. He wasn't a goofball who beat his mistress because she wouldn't have an abortion, but the current Board expects more of its superintendent now than it did then. (Yes, I'm making a joke if that isn't clear.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It's not that way in my neck of the nape either.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

More hand-wringing by the libs about student loans. One image solves everything though...
    [​IMG]

For some reason, they don't like that answer.

• Winner Winner x 4
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

11. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Oh brother. Keep it up Apple and you’ll lose us all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

Isn't college supposed to prepare you for (real) life? Isn't taking responsibility for your choices preparing you for life?

If college loans are too high, attack the cost of college, don't just let the person who chose to take out a college loan off the hook; otherwise tuition keeps going up and everyone else has to live with the consequences of other people's (and institution's) decision.

If we want to subsidize post high school education, then subsidize and legitimize the trades. We look down on the trades, from an educational standpoint, but we desperately, desperately need them to function. I'd gladly except a plumber/electrician/mechanic making six figures while the philosophy major (with $50,000 in loans) works the drive through. The trades are true heroes in the working world.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Agree with all of this. And frankly, I'm far more receptive to student loan forgiveness than most around here. The reason why is that I can accept that students have been ripped off in terms of massive government-sponsored tuition inflation and getting cheated out of a decent education at the lower levels that would actually give them a marketable skill.

However, as a taxpayer, I'm not willing to go along with student loan forgiveness unless there's a massive reordering of education. At the college level, costs and administrative positions need to be reined in. At lower levels, steps have to be taken to give students a little more market leverage over colleges. Specifically, they need to get out of high school with a real skill. A big reason colleges can rip people off is that they know that for most kids, it's either college or the night shift at all Wendy's for the rest of their lives. It shouldn't be that way.

So do all that (which would enrage a huge and very wealthy and powerful Democratic constituency, which means it'll never happen), and I could be talked into a broad loan forgiveness program.

14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mr D
    I agree with how you would change things
    But I do not agree to forgive loans.
    Nope Never

15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Well, I didn't agree to the Trump tax cuts. I'm not necessarily supporting loan forgiveness but just because you disagree makes little difference in the long term.

16. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Apple has done a great job making it such a hassle to switch to a competitor with contacts, music and photos. Oh, and I f’n hate Apple.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

I'm not in favor of loan forgiveness until something changes to prevent massive loan debts for the next round of students. Cut worthless programs like gender studies and worthless positions like Super Associate Dean to the Vice Dean of the College of Diversity. Then lower tuition and class fees and only increase them marginally.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It is the best. Android is just too much work. :)

19. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

And don't think Google via Android is going to skip pregnant dude emojis to cater towards conservatives.

20. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Nah...one app and I have a Samsung handling mail and other incoming notifications almost just like my BlackBerry...

And no...I did not willingly move to the Samsung, although ATT provided it at no cost. My BlackBerry is still rocking on Mint...ATT made it damned near impossible to port the number. But we digress...

No cult phone, err fruit phone shall ever pass into my hands.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Normally I don't either. The reason I make a very qualified exception here is that this problem is entirely manufactured by government. This isn't bailing out people who gambled in a free and open market and lost or racked up a mess of credit card debt with bad decisions. It is people who got gouged trying to make a good decision because the government directly intervened and ruined the market for them. Furthermore, these people didn't vote for this garbage system that's bending them over. It was forced on them through terrible policy adopted long before they could even vote.

Again, I'd never forgive debt without massive reform that'll never happen, but if it turned out that my grandmother actually did have balls and was my grandfather, I would forgive the debt and make the government fix what it screwed up and repair the damage it caused.

22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Exactly on the next round. It's the same with amnesty for illegal immigrants. There is no plan to stop the next round. So the only way you can keep the pressure on them is to hurt those who might rightfully be given amnesty (talking Dreamer's here). The problem is that the people wanting amnesty blame the white Republicans and not the parents who dragged their kids over her or by extension, the Mexican government that has failed it's citizens.

Back to student debt; the colleges are a cartel with protected professors (tenure) that are gouging us because loans decouples the tuition/other costs from the free market just like health care costs that are subsidized by insurance.

23. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

That's true on illegal immigration. Very similar to the college debt problem. Amnesty only means the next group of foreigners have the same incentive to enter or stay in the country illegally.

Back to student debt; the bigger problem than the tenured professors is the administrators at all levels. They set the prices, they approve other fund usage (which begets fees, price hikes, and lawsuits), and they allow the bizarre departments to open. For example, I doubt my tenured accounting professor was to blame for the Campus Climate Reporting Team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Yes. That is a minimum. The problem is how much better are the options? Or are they worse?

Similar response to what is above. I agree that is what I want to happen. My continued frustration is the replacements not doing what they said they would do. The Republican brand doesn't stand for conservative, small government, traditional morality anymore, if it ever did. Republicans most commonly support what Democrats pushed 5-10 years ago. I will still vote for Republicans, but this issue is why I am no longer a Republican. My frustration at their defense or promotion of the progressive, liberal agenda forced me to the libertarianism. The Libertarian Party is changing to be more libertarian. They have been as bad as Democrats on most issues in the past.

Definitely. My wife used to work in the UT College of Education in the Principalship and Administrator program. Even 20 years ago it was a hive of scum and villiany. It had been so for at least 20 years before that. The professors were all bad people ethically and morally in addition to LGBT activists in addition to Communist. Of course, those things all go together. But they actively discriminated against whites and conservatives to train and place people in jobs.

25. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I agree with everything here. I will add that I don't support college loan debt forgiveness because the people this would mostly help are my political enemies. There aren't many engineers, lawyers, doctors, scientists whose lives are ruined from getting a worthless degree. Even Business degrees are worth enough to make the debt worth it. No those who are howling at the moon paid for graduate degrees in queer theory, racial identity courses, and journalism. All these people need to suffer for what they were planning on doing to our society.

That is cruel I know. But there must be consequences for foolishness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Well stated. Not every college degree is worth the cost. If the art history of ancient Egypt is your interest, feel free to pursue it as a hobby - but a college degree in this field is not going to pay off.
    And while we're at it, we need to recognize that not everyone needs a college degree. Vocational schools are great options for those not pursuing college - and they get specialized training in fields where the demand for workers will let them earn a very nice living - HVAC, electricians, auto mechanics, plumbers, and so on. And those folks won't be saddled with a huge loan balance for going to college and earning an unmarketable degree.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
  27. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

demonize much?

28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Yes to reform!!! YES
    But why forgive anyone who has a loan now? That screws everyone else who paid theirs off. It is just to buy votes. I would guess there are more people who paid off loans than who still have them

Bubba?
    How is a tax cut in any way analogous to forgiving student loans?

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The big difference is that illegal immigrants are wrongdoers. They've broken the law and aren't US citizens. They aren't entitled to anything.

Student loan debtors are our kids. They are American citizens, and not only are they not breaking the law, they're doing exactly what the system we've created told them to do.

Again, I agree on the problems that need to be addressed in the system.

30. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Exactly, so is the gov going to pay me for the loan I paid off? No, so for doing things right I am punished.

• Agree Agree x 2