Post Left Wing looniness here

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Oct 15, 2020.

1. lkainer

lkainer 500+ Posts

Guns with blanks have killed people. You should never point a gun (loaded, unloaded, or loaded with blanks) at anything you don't want to kill.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And this idiot is a professor.

• WTF? WTF? x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  3. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

That is what you get with affirmative action and admitting underqualified people into universities.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Maybe, but the academic class is so f'ed up now, I'm sure we could pretty easily find a white professor saying something similarly stupid. Keep in mind that this dumbass is basically mouthing the "logic" of far-left MMT people. Plenty of them are white people who just talked themselves into idiocy.

5. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

No doubt.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

What makes that tweet even MORE cringe-worthy is that I was seeing people take aim at her from ALL sides of the political spectrum over the weekend...when you cannot even hold the libtiles, you KNOW you are off the reservation.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

True, but what she says isn't any dumber than what they consistently advocate. She just words it more poorly than they do.

8. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Thomas Jefferson is the one who wrote that all men are created equal. I realize some are more equal than others but it seems to me that an awful lot of mischief has arisen as a result of that sleight of mind. He also blamed the King of England for a lot of stuff he was not responsible for.

In future centuries they will be tearing down the statues of Obama and Trump because they consumed animal flesh and consorted with women.

FDR will have to go because he never learned any language except English, the language of conquest and imperialism.

And so forth.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

When you're too nutty for Gavin Newsom. Link.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  11. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

You're not wrong. That's why Union soldier statues were torn down during BLM protests. "Hey, they're white guys from the Civil War era so they're bad!"

12. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The irony being progressives think they're smarter than everyone else.

As they say, a charging horse knows no rank. Their steed is their emotional obsession.

13. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

It'll be interesting when the most liberal white folks say it's time to tear down MLK Jr statues because he wrongly (in their minds) stated equality not equity and he was a Christian pastor, who are all bad. Will blacks go along with it or say wait a second?

14. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Maybe a little #Metoo problem as well?

You are not exaggerating the possibilities. All my field work on the matter indicates that the true Liberal is so idealistic that they will pursue all "logic" to it's most extreme conclusion as they have a zero tolerance mentality for exceptions. The only braking mechanism at the moment is political expediency but a mob doesn't care too much about that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I think the BLM movement is anti MLK.

16. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I think they prefer, "By any means necessary."

Dr. King prescribed four steps for direct action:

1) Identify if an injustice is occurring (including an "unjust law" defined as a law that does not uniformly cover or enforced on all American's equally).
    2) Negotiate. Peacefully but without hesitation or pulling any verbal punches about the truth.
    3) Purify. This means only those with the emotional strength NOT TO BE PROVOKED must be identified and then prepared.
    4) Direct action. Peaceful civil obedience. No violence. No property damage. Shame the opposition without giving them an excuse. Powerful non-violence.

The don't seem to have time for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  17. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Without any doubt.

18. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Exactly why they are in contradiction to MLK by. In particular items 2- 4.

19. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

If you have the time I highly recommend everyone read this letter written by Dr. King. It is a primer on where he was coming from. I've read it several times.

After you've read it, contrast it with today's civil rights movement along with the oppression during Dr. King's time and the oppression cited in our time remembering that white people are not allowed to interpret Dr. King's words. Only blacks can interpret it. We are to accept whatever it is they say.

https://www.csuchico.edu/iege/_assets/documents/susi-letter-from-birmingham-jail.pdf

20. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Microsoft Outlook is now looking for anti-inclusive language in emails. It caught me!

upload_2022-8-23_17-10-29.png

So what the hell do I call something in India? Has anyone heard of a Indigenous data center? Are Native American data centers ones in Dallas, which would be a far cry from the one in Mumbai I'm referring to?

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  21. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

There should be a way to turn off the woke feature. Otherwise, click the ignore button.

22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Use “Asian Subcontinent”

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's the one upside to school lockdowns. Parents saw how screwed up their schools really were and realized they couldn't just trust the system to do it's best. They saw the bad faith politics first hand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Forgiveness of student debt is the perfect example of left wing looniness. Subsidizing high income earning folks with college degrees by shifting the debt to lower income tax payers. Can anyone defend this idiocy?

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Ignore only does it one time. Absurd that I have to go to settings to disable this. Another example MS looks for are gender offensive terms like mankind...

27. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Yet another reason to keep using older versions of Word...

28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I could defend it if we were doing it as part of a broad reform of higher education, but we're not, so I can't.

Having said that, we're subsidizing people with college degrees like the EITC subsidizes the working poor. They're the ones getting the immediate benefit, but the real beneficiaries are left-wing academics and administrators. College graduates are getting $10K in debt relief, but the universities banked hundreds of billions of dollars over the years not through a free market but through a government-rigged and protected racket. They are the real winners, not college graduates.

• Like Like x 3
  29. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Exactly, UTChE96! I've long since paid back the parent loans I took - so now, I get to subsidize other student/parent loans? Maybe I should ask for a refund on the parent loan I repaid, so Biden can forgive that debt!
    I'm a dinosaur - I remember when the mantra was simple - "You borrowed money, you pay it back."

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Funny Funny x 2