Post Left Wing looniness here

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Oct 15, 2020.

1. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Yes, as do other professions like teachers and police. Is it just the conservative folks want to spend their non-working time with family or relaxing meanwhile liberals are more likely to use their time on political things? Probably some, but also the harassment from libs is a factor worse than conservatives to libs.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

guy
    Your last sentence is sadly too true.The Demx harassment, including media, social media, is not worth it for most prople.
    The ones who stand up against it are to be respected for the courage of their convictions

• Like Like x 1
  3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I have trouble believing it is that high - seriously?

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Roughly correct.

Prevalence estimates suggest male-to-female cases outnumber female-to-male cases, with 1 per 10,000 males and 1 per 27,000 femalesaffected by gender dysphoria, …Feb 25, 2019

5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hmm, so 2x as many females think they should be males as do males think they should be females? Oh, ok something in me buys that disparity, but I still think that’s high percentages. No facts, just life experience.

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Random questions
    There are Drag Queens and more every day
    Why not many Drag Kings?
    Any correlation to Drag Queens and higher numbers of MtF trans?

Isn't there a more significant question/ issue there?

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not mad that attorneys fees were ordered. That's the law, but this **** is insane and shouldn't be happening in prisons. SCOTUS needs to review the law here. Link.

8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

9. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Saw Dave Smith at the Creek and the Cave comedy club in Austin 2 weeks ago. Funny dude and can speak intelligently on what is going on.

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They're screwing up military children. Link.

We were considering homeschooling Deez, Jr. going back to first grade because the math and reading curriculum are atrocious. When we would discuss math with him, and by any serious measure, it was a big strength for him, but he struggled with the common core ********. They were trying to get him to abandon all the techniques he learned from Mrs. Deez (who's a master teacher by trade), his preschool teacher, and in kindergarten (where he was lucky enough to have an excellent teacher who deemphasized the common core garbage as much as she could). Worse, it was shaking his confidence and interest in math. Mrs. Deez assessed his reading at home, and though he was on grade level, she found significant gaps in his phonics. We found out later from an administrator she knows who privately told her it's because the reading curriculum has no phonics at all (which she lamented). The point is that academically, we were about ready to pull him from the DoDEA schools anyway. It isn't that the teachers were bad. Most of them are pretty good (including his first grade teacher), but the curriculum was clearly on the downward spiral. However, we became privy that the Biden Administration's "equity" agenda was starting in '21-'22, and it was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm not going to tolerate a ****** education and left wing garbage. There was just no upside anymore, even if I was reluctant to take on the responsibility, which is massive.

He's now in third grade and in my second year of homeschooling him with a curriculum Mrs. Deez developed after researching all summer. No more gaps in phonics. In fact, he can read pretty much anything. He's ferociously good at math and loves it again. Best decision we ever made for him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

By the way, I highly suspect that I know the DoDEA whistleblower.

12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Deez
    Deez Jr is one lucky kid although I know there are times he disagrees.
    Good for y'all

• Like Like x 1
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You’re a good man, sir.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I appreciate the kind words, but seriously, what kind of father would I be if I didn't do it? It's a major commitment, but as parents, our first job is to care for and protect our families the best we can. Well, this is the best I can do, and I couldn't look at myself in the mirror if I didn't.

And he's a very kind and tenderhearted kid. He still loves being with his mom and dad, and he appreciates what we're doing even if he doesn't understand all the reasons. He thinks it's about the math curriculum, so he knows the truth but not the whole truth.

IMG-20221009-WA0001.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

By the way, we took that picture today. Every year we take him to pick apples at the royal Sandringham Estate. We like that he still enjoys doing stuff like that.

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Nice
    So you get to keep the apples?

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You pick them and then buy them by weight. £1.50 per kg. They have four different varieties of varying sweetness or tartness. They also sell apple juice that is spectacular.

19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Okay - you reminded me why I don’t like you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Lol. For liking good apple juice? If it was good enough for the queen, it's good enough for me.

reduced_IMG_20221009_233103798.jpg

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Tulsi Gabbard formally announces that she's leaving the Democratic Party.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

She hasn't been a Democrat longer than the Dems and media have been denying we aren't in a recession.

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. horninchicago

DeSantis/Gabbard 2024.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's like telling @Garmel he should marry the stripper. I don't think it's a good idea. Thank her for giving her best effort in his lap dance. Tip her well. But to marry somebody, you have to consider her character and her past actions. You can't just disregard that she snorts coke every day after "work."

Same goes for a political running mate. Gabbard should be commended for her critiques and abandonment of her now former party. However, you have to look at her record in Congress, and it's not good. She was like the AOC of the early 2010s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. horninchicago

So what? What gets DeSantis in office. Good time for the RINOs to play the female VP card themselves.

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 3
  27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Maybe so, but I'd look for another female VP option - maybe Nikki Haley. At one time, I would have suggested Kristi Noem, but she f'ed up the transgender sports bill.

28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's disgusting. They're destroying the objectivity and scientific strength of American medicine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. horninchicago

Of course, I am not a Dim, so I actually couldn't care less if it is a female running mate. The hypocrite, women are always right media and celebrities will demonize any Republican, male or female. AOC could convert, and she would be the enemy to them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

If we are playing that card though, I would rather it be Kristi Noem.

• Agree Agree x 1