Post Right Wing looniness here

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Seattle Husker, May 27, 2021.

1. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

2. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

I bet hookers and blow are the best way to get elected officials to cross the aisle. Madison is just too new to have the Democrat connections quite yet.

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Bubba
    Maybe You can explain what a "key bump" is
    And how you know

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You need to remember the intersectional facet of this. To the woke, beating a woman isn't bad on its own terms. It's something you can condemn if and when it's politically beneficial to do so. Accordingly, it's only bad if the guy is a cisgender white man of European heritage. If he's a politically progressive Muslim slapping a woman around for not getting an abortion, that's about the most defensible case of woman-beating I can imagine. They may not publicly celebrate it because that would be bad optics, but they're pretty much ok with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

A. Not a saint.
    B. Grew up in a rough area.
    C. Use encarta or Alta vista.

6. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Bubba I am a little older,
    A. I am not a Saint
    B. My neighborhood you are going to fight and chase people so they wouldn’t steal
    C. I don’t know “key bump “ I can think I know just because the bump.

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Cawthorn is a first rate assclown, and I wouldn't put it past him to make this up to gain attention for himself. However, to be honest, it wouldn't shock me if there are some coke-ridden orgies among some lawmakers. Is it everybody? No. Is it most of them? No. But is it some? Probably so. DC is full of low-lifes. Always has been. But if he's going to make this claim, he should put up or shut up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

i think he watched "Charlie Wilson's war" too many times. Cawthorn is definitely one that I would like the GOP to jettison if we can.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep. We'd come a long way if we dumped Cawthorn, Greene, Boebert, and Gaetz and even further if Louis Gohmert went back to being semi-normal.

10. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Each party needs to adopt this mantra:

"We can do better."

No particular personality should be protected; only values, ideas and execution. The grandstanding is pathetic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The example being set at the top of both parties is you can say anything you want and you will not be punished. The young ones are learning this lesson well.

In the end, I blame the media for not holding both parties 100% accountable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I can blame the media for idolizing the Democratic freak show rather than holding them accountable. However, the media largely calls Republican freaks out for what they are, and the primary voters choose to keep them. In fact, the media criticisms probably help the GOP's freaks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Yeah... which is why they need to treat the Liberal freaks the same way. Then, the people might actually take what the media says seriously. They can't play favorites. But we know people like the former CEO of CNN clearly carried Biden all the way to the White House.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I do think having CNN as your enemy does help in GOP circles and having FOX as your enemy helps in Dem circles. We have largely adopted the "he might be an ***, but he's our ***" approach to politics these days. I'm guilty of it myself. I don't like Trump but I'll be danged if I'd ever vote for a dem. when you have a binary choice it is hard to not just vote for your team...even if the guy on the ballot is a complete asshat.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

But you can't deny the accomplishments of the "asshat"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I'll take that asshat over Bush or Romney any day of the week.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

We all finally ran him off, huh?

20. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

He was banned for name calling. Check out pages 76 and 77 in the Forensic Audit of Maricopa thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Yet the one who told him to f**k off and die is still here spreading good cheer.

22. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Thanks for the info. Haven't been in that thead for a looong time.

You're the only one left to argue with now!

23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I know. This is hard damn work! I’m sure I will be expelled at some point.

• Funny Funny x 3
  24. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

It is good to be a Longhorn on this board

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It is sub optimal being a sooner. It sucks not being one who would go down on trump

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

You keep repeating that as if it were ever actually uttered...you are just as bad as the idiots who believe the 'fine people' crap or who believed the Hunter Biden laptop was Russian propaganda.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It's not easy for everyone to be forcefully disagreed with... I don't like it. I'm here for a good chat about the Longhorns and the world. But it gets heated. You can definitely feel it. If it's not fun (meaning someone is ragging me pretty hard) then I'll drop out for a few days. But I'm not here for tension or to be called an idiot or whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Bubba
    You always seem to know the point to stop.
    You get very very close though
    But nah unless you go completely whacko you are ok

for an okie:ousucksnana:

29. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Says the guy who has creepy *** Switzer as his avatar. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yes, he was removed from the site. I went back and reviewed what was said, and to be honest, I disagree with the move. He wasn't cheery by any means in that thread, but I don't see what he said that was over the top or worse than what others have said. Unless I'm missing something, the punishment doesn't seem to fit the crime. Having said that, I respect Dion's authority and judgment here and appreciate everything he does, even if I disagree with the move.